Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Go left at the end of the corridor and I'll be waiting on the other side. We'll run together."

That was the last thing you heard from Anya before you embarked on your journey together. You had such little time to plan things, there was almost a hundred percent chance it would go awry. But even if it ended up botched and a disaster, all you wanted was to be away from Kylo. Every reminder of the life you built with him would creep into your conscious in this place and you were at your wits end.

You watched the numbers turn slowly on your watch as you counted down until the exact minute you were supposed to run. It felt like time was ticking by so slowly, as you stayed crouched behind a lieutenant's station. You moved your heel to try and release some of the pain from crouching but your boot made a sharp screech across the tile.

You cringed and hoped it wasn't loud enough to draw attention. But no one was paying attention to you as loud uniform footsteps were heard coming straight towards you.

Shit.

Switching to laying on your stomach, you had a small peephole in the cutout of the machinery at your station, to see two officers leading a group of stormtroopers behind them.

"The map. Let's see what you've completed."

The stern voice was none other than your brother Armitage's. You felt your heart drop as you realized what he was doing.

'This is so against protocol.'

A lieutenant gave him an immediate answer and started pulling up the charts of where the map had last been seen.

There was a certain rigidness to his voice that set you on edge. He was highly irritated that the lieutenant didn't have a pinpoint location yet and you were racking your brain as to why he was doing this all so secretively when you knew he'd want to show off any new leads he got to Snoke.

"You dumb fucking pricks!" he sputtered angrily.

Pulling out his blaster, he aimed right for the
lieutenant's head that had updated him on their status. And just like that he pulled the trigger, sending flesh all over.

"Why do you think I got the lot of you working for me! To give me fucking non-specifics? I want the goddamn map before Ren gets it."

And then it all started to click.

There was only one reason why your brother would risk his life and being in Snoke's good graces, and of course it had to be about Kylo. Armitage was not playing games anymore if he was this desperate to get an advantage over Kylo.

"Yes sir," they all responded to him, frightened beyond belief with their colleague's dead body now oozing blood in front of them.

"Good. None of you better leave this room until I get some fucking answers, I don't care how long it takes you."

Armitage turned on his heel and started heading out back through the corridor you initially came in.

You turned your head to try and see clearer through your tiny peephole and accidentally hit your head while trying to adjust yourself.

'Fuck that hurt.'

The noise echoed through the room and all of a sudden all movements paused. You knew you had really fucked up at that point. The squeal of Armitage's boots as he turned around was almost as horrifying for those he enlisted as the dead body.

"What was that," he said low through his teeth.

The stormtroopers left their single file line and dispersed to try and find the source of the noise. You couldn't run or escape, you were confined to the stupid machinery you decided to hide under.