Chapter Thirty

After yet another long and tiring day, you were ready to sink into your warm bed and just relax for the night.

Your life in Greece had in fact provided you a perfect escape, and the ability to forget about your time in the ghastly place you had called home for so many years.

Well, for the most part.

But there was still a tether to the Finalizer that was constantly being pulled on, calling to you to come back.

It was Kylo, it was always Kylo.

As much as you had tried to resist it, and boy had you tried.

You simply couldn't stand it any longer.

There was absolutely nothing more you wanted in this world than to be with him again.

It had been six months, six grueling and lonely
months since you had seen him last and it was killing you inside.

And the worst part of all was that you had left on such horrible terms. You couldn't remember the last time you kissed him, the last night you two slept together.

It didn't matter anymore whether or not he said in words that he loved you, because you knew in your heart that his actions had showed how much he loved you for months leading up to your falling out.

But the heartache you felt that day when he didn't say it back was still in the back of your mind, taunting you for wanting to be back with the man who had caused you so much pain. Seeing him violently kill Ushar, ruining your friendship with Vicrul.

There were many days on this sunny, beautiful island that you longed to be back in the bitter cold where the Finalizer was stationed. Or on the deserted planet where you lived in peace with Kylo and the knights as you trained relentlessly for missions that never ended up happening.

Ready to get some sleep, the squawks of the village's chickens made it difficult to get any real rest. Shoving a pillow over your head, you tried to drown it out.

Nothing worked.

So again you'd lie in bed as always, mind racing and remembering every possible inch of Kylo, knowing the memories were slowly fading...

——————————————

The following very warm summer morning, the window was open in your bedroom and the blinds swayed gently with the incoming breeze. Shafts of yellow sunlight peaked through and forced you to wake up.

Rubbing your hands over your face, you tried to stretch and wake yourself up better. You got ready for the day and put on the simple dress the village's seamstress had made you. You pulled your hair back away from your face but left a few pieces out so you didn't look so plain.

Not that anyone in the village really cared what you look like...

But you tried to look decent, especially when you felt like all hell given how little you slept.

Grabbing your pail, you reluctantly were ready to go to your first job.

Shutting the cottage door behind you, you were immediately pulled into chaos as the townspeople were looking frighteningly at something in the distance.

You tried to see around the trees, but the sun was casting a glare that left you squinting your eyes to no avail. Unable to see anything in the sky, you began to make your way to your job when a familiar sputtering of an engine sounded off in the distance.

The sound of a First Order ship.

It made your heart drop to your stomach.

You had to be imagining things, there's no way any First Order ship could possibly be on your island, right?