Rewritten: Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8: New Friends

The three freshly minted Genin sat awkwardly as they stared at their silver-haired Jounin sensei, the older man giving them a close-eyed smile.

"So, why don't we introduce ourselves?" The Jounin observed the three. The blond in the middle was someone he knew quite well, the boy being Minato's son and Minato being his sensei so there was no doubt in his mind about the blonde's capabilities and character. Uchiha Sasuke was unlike other Uchiha from what he witnessed back in the classroom. Quite progressive, for a Uchiha and a lot less emotionless than what his clan projected their image as. The only one he wasn't quite as sure of was the last member of the team, Sakura Haruno, the one from the civilian family. He knew for a fact that her physical prowess was no at all on par with the other two and her rumored intelligence was completely based on memorised information, but perhaps he could use that to his advantage.

"How should we do that, Sensei?" Or maybe not.

"Just the simple things. Name, likes, dislikes, hobbies and dreams for the future."

"Why don't you go first, Sensei?" Kakashi almost let out a groan as Naruto mockingly spoke. The blonde knew Kakashi was lazy and wanted to avoid having to hang around children and so this was the perfect opportunity for him to annoy the man that had teased him throughout his life. Kakashi shot a half hearted glare at the blonde before replying.

"Why that's a wonderful idea," sarcasm dripped off his words, "The name is Hatake Kakashi, a jounin of the hidden leaf village. My likes are a bit mature for you kids, my disliked...eh, don't really feel like telling you." Naruto's slow claps rang through the quiet roof and Kakashi gestured to Naruto. "Why don't you go next?"

"Why thank you, Sensei. My name is Uzumaki Naruto," he began calmly, his smile never leaving his face as he kept eye contact with the Jounin in a semi serious glaring battle, the silver haired male returning the competition. "I absolutely love spending time with Kakashi when used to get asked to babysit me, I also like the food he cooks, and his sense of style, also the books he-"

"That's wonderful Naruto," Kakashi cut his sarcastic response off and the two stared at each other for another second before breaking eye contact and bursting out in fits of laughter. Sasuke shook his head at the two's antics, having been a victim to their odd way of displaying affection many times before. "How about you, Haruno-chan?" Sakura stuttered for a moment before snapping out of her stupor and replying.

"I'm Haruno Sakura, my mother is on the civilian council," Sakura beamed proudly at this, momentarily forgetting that the rest of her new team were all clan heirs or had direct relationships to the current Hokage. 'Perhaps she didn't know' they speculated. "I like..I mean the person I like is-" she cut herself off and gave a coy look at Sasuke. The cold to strangers yet kind to his close ones personality was a hit with many of the female students of the academy, including the pink haired now kunoichi of team seven. "My hobby includes u-um," she once more cut herself off, a blush spreading across her cheeks and Sasuke felt a shiver run down his spine, "my dream for the future-" She gasped and covered her beat red face with her hands.

"I didn't realise it was possible to reveal less information about yourself then Kakashi," Naruto muttered not so quietly to the Uchiha by his side, giving him a pity pat on his back. The Jounin gave him a dry look but silently agreed.

"Fantastic, now for Uchiha-san" Kakashi made sure to address the second heir to the Uchiha clan with a little more respect than the other two, Minato informing of the clan head's apprehension with their jounin sensei not being a Uchiha. Sasuke gave him a strange look in response.

"Sasuke is fine Kakashi-sensei," he corrected the silver haired jounin much to the Jounin's relief. "My father is a bit too prideful, I'm aware. My name is Uchiha Sasuke, I look forward to being on the team and serving Konoha. I enjoy spending time with my brother and Naruto. I dislike how much my clan relies on our dojutsu and my hobbies include training and hanging out with my friends. I hope to become a top jounin of the village in the future and make my brother recognise me as an adult." Kakashi almost let out tears as someone finally gave a normal introduction, unexpectedly the Uchiha, but a welcome surprise.

"Alright guys, we will be completing my personal Jounin examination where I decide if this team is worthy of my time or not, I suggest skipping breakfast. Or you may throw up." with that the Jounin vanished in a puff of smoke, giving Naruto a small wave. Sakura looked at her teammates quizzically,

"What does he mean?"

"Oh, the jounin sensei of a squad gives out a test to see if the genin's are worth teaching or get sent to the pool of genin of the village, which is pretty hard to escape. So I advise that we do our best to pass his test," Naruto replied as he got up, stretching. The blonde suddenly froze as he glanced at the sunset from where the genin sat on the roof. Without warning he burst into a grin.

"Going to meet the boy?" Sasuke raised an eyebrow and Naruto spluttered, his face going red. Sakura look apprehensive but decided to speak up,

"Do you really like boys, Naruto-san?" The two boys gave her a stare, Sasuke's a bit more pointed then the blonde's as he was prepared to defend his best friend.

"I mean, I guess I don't really care about gender and stuff but I guess I might have a slight, VERY slight crush on him," he trailed off, his hands rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment as he admitted it. Sasuke gave him a comforting pat on the blonde's back. Proud that his friend had finally admitted it and felt comfortable enough to say it around others.

"Is it okay though?" the two stared at her silently as she questioned. "I mean, my mum says that it's strange and that girls should only marry boys and boys should only marry girls." Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"That's bullshit," Naruto looked startled at the Uchiha's use of profanity, "people can love anyone they want as long as things are consensual. I don't like boys but I don't mind if my guy friends like other guys. It's not really my business." Sakura looked at the ground, pondering his words for a moment before nodding her head.

"Yea, you're right, Sasuke-kun," She steeled herself before giving Naruto a comforting smile, "Sasuke is mine though, okay?" Naruto laughed as Sasuke groaned at the two.

"Pft- Of course Sakura-chan," Naruto wiped a tear of both happiness and laughter from his eye before nervously asking, "um, guys?" The two looked at him, Sasuke gesturing for him to continue. "I was wondering if you guys could maybe help me look for a gift for some people and uh, I dunno. Maybe pick out some clothes or something..." the blonde trailed off towards the end. Naruto wasn't really sure why he was nervous but it was the first time he was asking his friends to help him with something and letting people into his personal bubble. Not by much, but into the bubble nonetheless.

"Of course, Baka!"

"Hn."

-----------

Hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

Remember to vote and leave a comment on what you think about Sasuke and Sakura's cheracters ~_~