Rewritten: Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6: First Step Towards A Distant Future

‐------------------------------

He felt himself being hugged tight by the arms of the blonde teen that plagued his dreams, though 'teen' wasn't an appropriate title in this dream as the older blonde seemed around five years or age. Naruto was held tightly into the other's chest as he ran as fast as his child-legs could carry him, running from something Naruto couldn't see, something behind the two and from the fading sounds of yells growing distant, whatever the blonde was running from wasn't chasing. That was until Naruto lurched forwards out of the blonde's arms and hit the ground, feeling no pain as he laid still on the rough ground, his small limbs not responding to any signals he sent to then, instead reaching out towards the stumbling blonde as he struggled to reach Naruto.

"Fuck," the blonde let out a low groan as he collapsed, his knees hitting the ground beside Naruto, his right hand clutching at his side. A kunai sat embedded up to the hilt in his side but not hitting any vital organs judging from the still conscious blond that reached out towards naruto with his other hand. The sight of the older blonde's blood alerted him to wetness in the back of his neck and as his 'brother' lifted him off the ground, groaning as the pain of the kunai embedded in his side stopping him from making sudden movement, he saw the bloody rock beneath where he had been laying just a moment to go.

His own cries snapped him out of his thoughts and back into the situation. The lack of physical pain when he was thrown onto the ground reaffirmed his suspicion, it was a dream. Although he still felt a dull pain in the back of his neck, as if the pain was once there but had left a long time ago. He was lifted as the older blonde struggled to his feet. This time, as he was held in the other's arms, he could see the assailant that they were running from and the horrid scene the bonde was running from. He could barely make out the two mangled corpses with blond hair in the distance, another enemy shinobi still hacking into their bodies with a blood drenched kunai, a somewhat familiar white armor that he couldn't quite place where he remembered it. His stomach twisted and his heart felt as if a snake had wrapped around it and begun constricting. What little he could see left of the two reminded him of the blonde in his dreams when he was older and so he thought it safe to assume the two were the blonde's parents. Yet, if the blonde called him brother, did that not mean that they were also his parents?

"W-we need to get to Onoki-oji," Naruto could barely hear the other as heavy breathing filled the air around them.

"Would you look at that?" there was a gruff voice that seemed to appear out of nowhere, "Big brother trying to protect his kid brother, how sweet?" The sneer lingering in the voice was clear and Naruto felt sick as he and the older blonde were flung fifty meters and onto the outskirts of the village, closer to safety yet still too far. He felt blood drip down onto him from his place helpless in the other's arms, peering up at 'his brother' whose blood dripped onto the younger blonde from the deep gash in his shoulder, soaking both their clothes.

"Damn it, h-hold on Naruto, I'll g-get us to safety," Naruto felt his heart clench tighter as the blonde smiled tiredly down at him, his eyes starting to lose their light. The blood loss was getting to the older blonde and Naruto's mind went through what he could do as he felt the building of chakra in the air as the blonde holding him built it up. The chakra was teeming with explosive power, waiting for a spark to ignite it and let loose. There was a sudden heat, the arms around him just enough to shield him from the scalding heat and the next thing he knew the two were flying just above the houses of the village, the explosion launching the two flying and before Naruto could register where they were he felt the impact of the older blonde against a stone wall ring through his body.

"Ack-" a sudden eruption of blood spewed from the blonde boy's mouth as he slumped to the ground, still holding his brother in his arms. "O-one more time," naruto felt his heart speed up as the other's bloody form looked down at him with nothing but love and determination, the life in his eyes barely hanging on. 'No!' Naruto thought to himself as the chakra built around them again, much less than last time yet the explosive power still roared with life. There was a white flash this time and the heat was bearable, the cool air as they flew through the air was sharp on his skin before he once again felt the impact as the older blonde slammed onto the solid stone walls of a large tower. Naruto looked up at the blonde as the grip of the arms around him slackened, the blonde-