Chapter 19

Y'all gonna hate me tihihi

----

"Nice job, Naruto." The blonde stretched, his arms reaching over his head. Under Kakashi's guidance the blonde had begun practicing his earth styled jutsu. The Jounin was well versed in many styles other than the main to many Konoha shinobi had become known for. It was probably the reason the man was assigned as his teacher, along with the obvious relationship between Kakashi and Minato.

Lightening was the style Naruto had grown up practicing with the silver haired shinobi, his affinity for earth chakra only something Kakashi and a few others could teach him. Kakashi however had ben awfully busy after the blonde had started ninjutsu training and so that delayed the help he could provide.

Minato was always happy to help the blonde with his lightning related jutsu's. It was helpful Naruto would admit and it was times like these Minato actually felt like a father. He was fine as long as long as you were in his sights.

"That should wrap up today's training," Kakashi continued, "h-" The clone suddenly burst into a cloud of smoke, interrupting the Jounin.

Naruto was alert right away. Did Kakashi mistakenly dispel his clone? No, the Jounin was far too experienced to make mistakes like that. Naruto's heart sank. Zabuza, it had to be him. His first thought was to go and assist his team, if Kakashi had needed to dispel his clone then he was either needing the chakra, lost focus or needed to alert Naruto. It was probably all three. However, Naruto gave himself a moment to take a deep breath and clear the panic from his system.

A distracted shinobi was a dead shinobi. Sakura and Sasuke would both be on the bridge today as Hiiro had stayed with Tsunami to learn the soup she had offered to teach him the night before. With Gato aiming for the bridgebuilder, Tazuna, and his apparently villainous character as they had come to understand from Tsunami's tales about the tyrant's effect on the wave village, then there was no doubt in Naruto's mind that the man would swoop as low as to target Tazuna's family. Which meant Hiiro was in danger, and Hiiro was their client as well as Tazuna. Though Naruto didn't really need that reason as he ran back towards Tsunami's house.

It felt like the longest few minutes of Naruto's life. He tensed as the small house came into view. The back entrance that Naruto was headed for was already open. Maybe open was an understatement, the door was completely off its hinges, the doorframe dented and splintered, the missing door a few feet into the house.

There was a taunting laugh booming from inside coming from the kitchen. The smell of iron was heavy, and it made Naruto's heart quicken. A bloodstained blade was the first thing that registered in Naruto's vision. The next was the growing pool of blood of fresh blood. Then it was Hiiro. Well, part of Hiiro.

A bloody, limp arm. Severed midway between the shoulder and elbow, Hiiro was at the other side of the kitchen slumped on the floor and seemingly unconscious. Tsunami was trembling with Inari in her arms behind Hiiro's body. The boy in her arms made eye contact with Naruto. It all hit him in the matter of seconds, but seconds were all that he needed for the rage and dread to filter all rational thoughts out his mind.

He felt his chakra teeming with the rage he felt, fueling the explosive force.

"Huh? Oi Keshi there's a brat behind you," One of the three men standing over the three on the floor called out to the one with his katana drawn.

"Another body to add to my list," The man, Keshi, sneered at the blonde, half turning to face him, "Whatever you're gonna do better make it fast little shinobi." A laugh escaped him, and he carelessly kicked the limb by his feet towards Naruto. "Or this arm ain't gonna be the only thing ya little friend is gonna be missin," One of the other men in his group rolled his eyes as Keshi taunted the Genin.

It wasn't a fight. It was a slaughter, a massacre. Naruto wasn't even sure what happened when he came too, the energy he felt under his skin still lingered as he held the last of the three men by the neck. He remembered punching the men. His chakra more than happy to give him more power, to fuel the attacks as his rage filled it, and he let it run wild. It was almost eerie with how alive it felt. Each strike he landed seemed to dig into flesh of whichever of the men he had hit. Then his chakra would catch up with the attack and expel out his fist. The result was utter carnage. Skin, blood, muscle, whatever he came in contact with tore from the men's bodies and painted the surfaces of Tsunami's poor house.

Naruto's chakra pulsed, asking permission almost and with a glance at Hiiro's body still rapidly bleeding out he let it loose again. Maybe the haunting image of the man, Keshi's, head dropping to the stained wooden floors with a sickening wet thud, splashing the blood that had formed the steadily growing pool beneath it as it made contact up onto the blonde's clothes would plague him in a nightmare some night in the future. The splattered blood didn't compare to the amount that doused the boy as the enemy's body followed after it however neither really changed Naruto's appearance. He was alreading soaking from head to toe in the substance as a result of his violent attacks.

"N-Naruto!" Tsunami called out, half for his attention and half to make sure it was still him standing in the bloodbath of the one-sided battle. It was enough to break his unfocused gaze and the panic set in again. He fell beside Hiiro, knees knocking against the wood as he pressed an already bloody hand against the other's stump of an arm, the other pulled off his jacket and shirt. He pushed the fabric against the wound as best as he could.

This wasn't good. Hiiro wasn't even responding to the pain of the pressure against his wound, the one that was quicky killing him. Naruto's mind flew with what he could possibly do. Close the wound repeated over and over. He might have even been mumbling it out loud. He didn't know what else to do and so he flew through the hand signs for some fire ninjutsu he knew. It was nowhere near mastered, nor his affinity so of course he messed it up. Though it didn't matter to him that the flame had engulfed his hands rather than the space above them.

He cried as he pressed his burning hands against Hiiro's wound. Tears of both pain and fear mixed into the blood on the floor that was by now beginning to thicken. Naruto prayed. He prayed to anyone that would listen that Hiiro wouldn't go into shock from the extra damage, that his blood loss would stop, that someone who knew what they were doing would come soon.

Naruto's hands hurt so much but more than that his heart hurt.