New York

A/n: Hey hey hey, I'm kinda excited. QUESTION⚠️ if I did a second book for You're Safe would you guys read it? I wanna expand on what happeneds next!- Vamp

(Y/n's) pov

I have become something of a shadow. My morning coffee already in hand was filling me with warmth. I needed it in the coolness of this particular summer morning. Morning...everyday I got up, showered, took my anxiety meds and drank coffee, and then I'd go to work. It was the same every morning. "We're doing something a little different today." My mother spoke, I looked up from my cup. I hadn't noticed her come into the diningroom.

"What?" I listened to her carefully. "We're doing something different today. Well, actually this week. Because we're visiting your sisters for a week." She spoke to me slowly. I took a minute, nodding and listening to her words. We'd be going to New York, an hour drive from one state line to the next. I felt the tiredness slip back into my body just knowing it be insufferable. "No." I spoke, I put my coffee down. "What do you mean, no, (Y/n) don't you miss your sisters?" She asked. My stomach felt heavy just thinking of traveling more than 2 blocks from home. "I do, but I don't want to go to New York. It's going to be exhausting." I explained myself, I sat down at the table.

Frank entered the room, "What's happening?" Mom and I turned to him as he entered. "(Y/n) doesn't wanna go to New York to visit his sisters." Mom sounded cross. "Only because it'll be exhausting and it's out of the way." I had to defend myself. I did miss my siblings, but I couldn't be bothered to leave my house. This would only take money, time, and simplicity away from me. Frank looked confused for a minute, "Out of the way? Of what your lack of bitches and no social life?" He questioned me.

"Frank, that's very rude, they're just having a hard time letting go of their routine." My mother defended me, but I didn't need it. "You're both right, I only don't wanna go for simplicity sake. I don't want to explore a big city with my sister's, I want to stay home in my comfort zone." It sounded selfish, but I would be dishonest if I did not admit it. Going out of my way to have fun wasn't fun. I could find fun in the corners of my childhood home. "That's what's rude, you're going with us." My father interrupted, he came into the dining room with a suitcase.

I started to crumble, "Don't tell me we have to-" I was on my knees, "Stay in a hotel, yeah, and I don't care how much you cry about it." He sassed. "(Y/n), you're 19 years old, you are too damn old to be scared of the outside world." He lectured me. I began to cry, "I know dad but, I-" I tried to explain myself, but how would I explain something so central to me, it was no one's fault. "But nothing, pack a bag and get in the car." My father finished. "See Pria, that's how you solve that." He pointed.

I felt heat rise into my face as I realized I had been crying on the floor. I got up, feeling embarrassed. "Siryn that was too harsh." Frank said, "You embarrassed them." Mom added on. "I'm fine. You can't embarrass someone who doesn't care." I lied, even if I didn't care I was ashamed. "Who's gonna take care of Pumpkin?" I asked, changing the subject. "Frank is capable of moving things, Frankie I take it you'll make sure he's fed and played with?" Dad asked. "Of course." Frank answered. I nodded, there's no way I'll get out of this.

I walked away from my morning coffee feeling sick. I didn't have anything else to say so I wouldn't talk. Packing was easy. Clothes, pajamas, skincare, books, and meds. No amount of magic could fix the anxiety I was dealing with. The waleight of my own life sank me like a ship, it only got worse after in the last months of school. 2 years have passed and nothings gotten better, at this point I only take my meds because they're apart of my daily routine. It meant nothing to me.

. (A time skip brought to you by me taking forever to write again)

We loaded into the truck, and I made sure to play with Pumpkin before we left. "Trust me, (Y/n) this'll be good for you." Dad said, "What like you lecturing me?" I answered. Truthfully I thought if I would say the wrong thing I'd get to stay home. Being grounded just might be my ticket to safety. "Ya know, I only lectured you because I want you to have a life." He said. "I don't want a life." I confessed. I didn't wanna die, I just didn't wanna do difficult things. Everything is so difficult.

My mother and father looked at me, he looked utterly worried. Mom looked horrified. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. "(Y/n) don't say that, life is almost never easy, but it's worth living." Mom said. I shrank into my seat. Maybe I did need to get out of the house, maybe I need to exsape my parents. "I mean, I don't want inconveniences, I didn't say I wanna die." I spoke. They had turned around, but my father watched me carefully in the rear view mirror. I decided to sleep for rest of the drive.

.( Time skip brought to you by worried parents)

When I woke up we were coming into the city. My father was yelling at the cars around us. "Damnit, why won't they move!" He slammed his hand on the dash, causing my mom and I to jump. "Baby, it's cause we're supposed go, we have the right of way." Mom explained, "Oh..." My dad gave the other cars a civil waze. I wiped my eyes, sitting up. "Look who's up." Mom nodded my way, "Morning, feeling okay back there, you looked sick earlier." Dad asked. I just nodded, I felt sick earlier. I felt just as bad now for alarming my parents. All I am is inflammatory, these days.

We finally made it too the hotel, I was surprised that we'd be staying there. It looked well outside of our budget. Dad got us 2 rooms, both suites. "Wow, suites, what's the big occasion?" I asked mom, walking to the elevator. "I think your sisters have something important to tell us." Mom said.

The hotel was beautiful, the suites were even more luxurious than I thought they'd be. The larger than life rooms with modern art and class showers, mom and dad's room had a hottub in it. I was in awe, dad saw this. "I told you, you'll enjoy yourself." He nodded, I shook my head. "Just because I enjoy architecture doesn't mean I'm not sure by force." I sassed, "The 2 of you are too alike, let's just get settled." Mom added

She was right, I was a lot like my father now that I think of it. Bullheaded, business savy, and a coffee addict. It made no sense to try and argue with someone just like you. Before I knew it I was in my hotel room, looking out at the city. "Maybe this is good." I finally agreed. I watched TV and read until it was later in the day. Mom came down to my room, "Hey kiddo, I have a surprise!" She flopped unto my bed. "What's up?" I asked, "I have dad's card! Come shopping with me." Mom said, she got off the bed doing a little happy dance. "Mom, I thought we were above being materialistic? Aren't we down to earth witches with 'no need to consume as much as Paris Hilton'." I quoted my mother.

She nodded, "Yes, but, we're not above a little treat." She smiled, "Baby, you need to treat yourself, with respect and more love. We're not just going to buy stuff for me. I want you to buy something nice to wear for dinner and make yourself up." Mom sat down by me. She looked like she really wanted me to go. "Okay, one little treat can't hurt." I answered. Mom cheered, jumping up and down. "Yes, this will be great!" Truthfully I would be going so mom wouldn't be lonely.

A/n: pretty short chapter, sorry for the wait I just have been questioning how id start this part of the story. It's now phase too and I didn't know if I'd begin in from gerards prospective or not.- Vamp