Hey Stranger

A/n: yall i tried some AMAAZIng bubble tea the other day and i cant stop thinking about it. I also have been with my partner literally everyday this week lmao-Vamp

(Y/n's) pov

I woke the next day to the sun coming through the windows, I rolled myself out of the light and into my pillows. There was a knock at the door. "Jesus in a dress, what now?" I asked myself as I pulled myself from my warm slumber cave. I dragged my body to the door and opened it to find Ray there. "Oh..." I was stunned. "Hey, can I come in?" He asked, I couldn't look him in the eye. "Whatever." I walked away from the door, putting on pants and sitting down. "So who told you where I was?" I asked. "Mom told Lil and Taurie, and they told me." He walked about my room. "So why are you here?" I asked, he stopped with his back turned to me. "Can you stop interrogating me?" He asked, he sat down, I balled my fist and finally looked up."We haven't spoken in years, so the first thing I have for you is a question." I said, it's then I saw he had cut the flowers out of his hair, his face was unfamiliar to me. 

His brow curled with irritation. "They sent me to pick you up, your sisters just want to see you, there, happy now?" he snapped at me. "Jesus Christ, it's like you wake up angry." Ray crossed his arms. "When I'm woken up without warning, yeah, I am an asshole." I yelled, "Just get dressed." He shouted back. "Whatever." I got up and went to the bathroom. I slammed the door and slid down the door. "Why can't they just come get me?" I asked myself aloud. 

I showered, changed, and did eyeliner before I snatched the door open. "Ready, to be nice now?' He asked, "What makes you think I wanna be in the car with you?" I asked, getting my wallet and keys. "That." He pointed to my wallet and keys. I almost laughed. "You are right, ignore it though. I'm doing this for my sisters." I said,  as we walked out into the hall. 

. (Time skip brought to you by car rides and all that)

When I got out of the car we were at a Greek diner, Loannou's, it looked family owned. I took a second to admire everything in the diner, the dim orange lights warn out by time, and the picture window that gave us a view of the dirty bus stop across the street made it feel like Jersey. 

I saw my sisters sitting at a round table with a pitcher of orange juice. "Hey hey, took you long enough!" Lilith stands up and makes room for me at the table. I sit between her and Taurus. She gives me a quiet smile and lays her head on my shoulder. "Yeah last night was a lot so I slept pretty hard." Taurus leaned on me once I was there. "Weird to see you so happy with me, last night you sounded like you were busy." I said. Lilith nodded, "I was busy, but I still wanna spend time with my sibling." She put her hand on her chest, as if to signal her affections to me. I still felt a bit betrayed. I looked over at Ray, and then down at Taurus. Ray and I met eye to eye, I looked away quickly. "Why it's not just us, I don't know, but I don't mind as long as I have my sisters." I smiled, looking at them. I could practically feel Ray's eye-roll. 

I wasn't lying though, I don't know why he's here with us. I asked for time with my sisters, not betrayal. Looking at him awakens a pain I haven't felt in years, a taboo part of myself blames me for losing him. Another part of myself is on fire to confess the grief he caused me by abandoning me for everyone else. Then there's the reality I live in, the one where I'll never talk about it. The one where Gerard is a stranger and Ray is my enemy. I swallow my pride and all it's depressing thoughts.  

 I smiled instead. "I'm glad I get to see you guys too," I look at the table before us before i can continue. "So, what did I miss?" I asked, and my two sisters sprang to life with story after story. I smiled, listening to them, I even laughed. I felt, warmth. 

. (time skip brought to you by emotional projection, man I miss when I really enjoyed my sisters.)

After brunch we walked down to their apartment, this would be the first time I'd be seeing the place since I helped them move in, almost 3 years ago now. It was a beautiful, almost as cozy as our house back home. We sat around their tarot table with cups of herbal tea. The tarot table was a big hand carved wooden table that had a map of the stars and solar system carved into it. "So you saw Gerard last night." Taurus leaned in my direction. "Yes," I nodded. "And how was he?" The twins asked in unison. "He was shitty, his wallet got stolen, I got it back and we had a nice moment." I was grappling with myself to tell them but the twins have a way of pulling the truth out of me. "So was this like a rekindling?" Lilith asked, she shimmied excitedly. I took a second to think of that word. 

"Rekindling...no." I furrowed my brow. To rekindle anything with Gerard would be to peel of my own skin and show him everything, and that bare-skulled honesty would terrify me beyond any healing I could do. I leaned forward and onto the table, "There's nothing left to rekindle." I said. My sisters face fell flat as she leaned forward as well. "Why, you haven't tried so how do you know?" She asked. Taurus stuck her hand out at Lilith. "I don't think they're up to explain that." She said. I frowned at them both, "Taurie is right, there's a lot about me that I don't wanna talk about." I look anywhere but Ray, be he was walking over to the table. "Can I ask you a question?" He said, kneeling and becoming eye-level with me. 

I leaned away from him, and took a long sip of my tea. "What do you want?" I asked, "Why don't you just tell the truth, be honest with yourself and everyone around you and maybe you won't be so lonely." He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. "You don't get to question  me, of all people." I took his hand away from me. "I hid the least from you and I am more alone than ever as a result. I won't be lectured." I went for the door. "No wait please, (Y/n)!" Taurus walked after me. "Listen, it was just a question." He said. "No, it's never just a question." I shook my head, turning to him. "It's always something more, what more can you do to make this worse?" I pointed. 

"We can talk later guys, I just need to go." I left, taking a walk over to the bus stop. I looked at the map before checking what time it was. "Hey stranger..." I heard from behind. "Hey?" I turned.

It was Gerard. 

A/n: Hey guys, took me long enough but I have a job and adhd, so I can't always bring myself to write- Vamp