Entropy

A/n: Hey ya, happy to see you back reading I hope you're enjoying my story. I love you all so much- Vamp

Gerard's pov

I darted out of the dining hall, and into the hall way. Hurt, no, furious at Ray's words. How can you talk so badly about (Y/n)? How could he lead them on in their friendship? All without telling them! The least Ray could do after years of friendship is be to be honest with them. I sprinted down the hallway, I started to feel the hot tears streaming down my face. Why was I crying? Why did it hurt me? To see them hurt, even without their knowledge, it's unfair.

"I need to tell them." I stopped and studied myself against the wall. "I need to tell (Y/n)." I said to myself again. I sank to the floor, catching my breath. I wiped the tears and eyeliner from my cheeks frantically, the sensation of my gloves bringing me some sense of relief. They were soft, and warm. The warn leather smelled like cigarettes. "I need a cigarette." I spoke.

. (Time skip, brought to you by smoke breaks, weather it's weed or a cigar, it'll fuck your lungs up.)

I was finally on the third floor, it was near empty. I passed class after class of sleeping students and annoyed teachers. Each step I took I was closer and closer to the peace of a flame and tobacco. I shut myself in the old dance room again, my head was buzzing from the feeling of silence. My eyes burned, as the smoke traveled into them, with each French inhale I took. I punished myself for feeling.

Maybe Ray was right, it's been 2 and a half years. All the effort I put in to make things right hadn't worked, and they have gotten even more angry with me. However Ray at least owes them the truth. I thought it over and over. I've been nothing but honest, (Y/n) can't hide his feelings for a fact, and Ray is no right to judge them. I finished my cigarette in abject silence, the deep ringing and buzzing was thick. My chest felt heavy, I couldn't sit there and doubt everything. I wanted to, it was safe.

I could die in the old dance studio. Looking into the eternal mirror, and silently smoking. I could sink into the floor and never awaken again, I would not have to make decisions. I could sink into the sweet sleep of Hades. "Hades..." I said out loud, thinking of my father. The apparition that I had only met in my dreams, sometimes it didn't feel real to be a demigod. If I did die here, what would it be like to meet him?

Would he be sad that I've met him in his own Realm? Would he not recognize me at all? I wonder if he still watches me, I hardly feel his presence. My palm started to burn at the thought of death. As if they were hungry to swallow something up.

. (Time skip brought to you by the fires of Tartarus :3)

The bell rang and Gerard swiftly exited the old dance studio waving away the smoke as he opened the door. When he turned the corner to see (Y/n) standing at their locker, he simply walked past not acknowledging them. Gerard had too much on his mind to confront the idea of telling them the truth of what Ray thought of him. In this moment he would wait, after all it was Friday.

Gerard would be taking Pumpkin for the next week, so he would get a chance to see (Y/n). Maybe, just maybe while receiving the cage with his small friend inside; Gerard could casually mention to (Y/n) that their best friend, of entire life, was slowly distancing himself because they were becoming a wrecking ball of a person. How would Gerard break that to them, would they ever listen? Or was Ray just being irrational, and trying to save his own skin? Trying desperately to not sink into the pit with the lonely. Gerard thought of himself trying to make amends for lies by being truthful with (Y/n).

If they only gave him the chance, he'd confess everything to them on bended knee. Gerard pictured himself repenting to (Y/n) as if they were his God. For just a taste of their attention, Gerard shivered. The thing he longed for most, was for things to go back to the way they used to be.