Dinner 2

(Y/n's) pov

As we crossed the window into the bathroom we were his with the small of food. I followed Ray through the dark back hallway into the warm golden light of my sisters small kitchen. I looked over my entire family and smiled. "You're just in time, dinner is ready!" My sisters sang out.

We sat around a big round table and my sisters passed plates out to everyone, they served in seconds and we all had full plates. Taurus and Lilith had cooked a feast, a big green salad and crispy chicken on top was the first thing they passed around. Then a huge bowl of pasta with vodka sauce, and homemade garlic bread. I was in heaven with everything I saw.

"Don't eat too much, I still have dessert ready!" Lilith beamed, "Funny thing, I don't remember when you guys learned how to cook." I spoke, "You were in your room." Taurus laughed, "Yeah, that was a really dramatic time, huh?" I said. They all nodded, I almost felt embarrassed, but I laughed. "...hopefully I'll learn and be as cool as you two, one day." I moved my hair out of my face and began to dig into my plate.

As we sat around and ate, I looked at everyone around me, "So how are things in the shop?" Dad asked, Taurus and Lilith pirked up. "Oh it's going amazing actually. We're up in sales, I made a money bowl last month and-." Lilith explained, "I spread the word on our website, and also New York is full of nerds and witches." Taurus cut her off. "Good to know, but the magic folk are still buying comics right? I still want it to be about the comics and the music." He asked, I could tell the magic aspect stressed dad out.

Taurus nodded "Dad it will always be about the comics and the music," Dad breathed a sigh of relief. His long dark hair was becomeing gray with the worrying ideas of my sisters. "The fortune telling room was for our own personal touch, but we keep it closed most the time. We don't wanna have to read all day it would drain us to all hell." Lilith finished. Dad looked pleased, "Good, good, it's not good to be in people's heads all day." Dad shook his finger at the twins. They were notorious for mindreading as pre-teens.

"Our days of reading everyone for filth are done, don't worry. I do use it on the subway though, people are crazy here Dad." Taurus shrugged. "Oh yes, always use your powers if it'll keep you safe, and if you ever feel too unsafe, come home." Mom said, she missed her daughter's more than anything. "It's quiet without you two, (Y/n) doesn't make that much noise now." Mom said. "That's subject to change, mother." I said. Ray gave a chuckle, "What's so funny?" I asked, he looked at me for second before laughing again. "It's hard to picture you quiet, you only knew how to be quiet when you were sneaking out." Ray said, I laughed too, "Yeah, I just haven't had much to say." I sighed.

The table looked stunned at us but I paid it no mind, for once that sick feeling I had when I saw Ray had gone. No shakes, no intrusive thoughts, just being able to talk.

.

Dinner finished up, and my sisters brought out a angelfood cake. It was beautiful, and they even had hot barries to poor over it. "This is the type of cake Ray and I want for the wedding." Taurus set it down slowly, "Oh that's so nice, grandma would've loved it." I said, Lilith started cutting and passing out plates. "Yeah she had told me when we were kids it was the type of cake she made for her wedding. I always thought it be nice." Ray had his arms around Taurus's waist while she worked. She gave everyone a big scoop of the raspberry and blackberry compote and gave herself a little extra. "Oh she really would've loved that." Mom said, she looked at them with tears in her eyes. "Well we want a piece of her in every part of our wedding." Taurus spoke.

"She was so important it's hard to think she won't be there to officiate." I said, mom nodded. "She wanted to, I know that, she'd love to see you kids grow up like this." We all nodded. "So, what happens after the wedding, Ray you don't plan on staying on campus after this right?" Dad asked, he sat up straight. "No no, I'm going to transfer up here and hopefully we can buy a house." Ray said, "Hopefully?," Dad asked, Ray tightened up. "I have a film apprenticeship lined up around the same time so we would have extra to save." He answered kind of meekly.

Dad is always laid back, but he didn't want to have to worry about us, I noticed he became more serious when Taurus and Lilith moved out. Something about our futures made him more like a teacher than a parent. "You're on the right track, if you need help we are always here." He finally answered, sounding more like my father again. "Yeah those early years of marriage can be hard. Not for the love but the money, but you're a business owner, and you are gonna be great. I've already seen it for you, Ray." Mom said. If she said it, it was true.

.

We all finished dessert and my parents went out to the balcony, however I wasn't done hanging out with my sister's. We said in Lilith's bedroom. It was a tower room so it was round, she had charmed her walls a pail pink and her shrine to Aphrodite and Hecate were now huge. We said on a large circle of pillows in the floor and smoked a joint while talking. Ray, we laying on Taurus's lap while I updated them. "So...I hung out with Gerard." I said passing to Lilith. "You what?" Lilith almost screamed, "Wow, I never thought that'd happen." She said. "Of course, I didn't either." I said.

"What happened?" Taurus asked "Well not much, we watched a movie and had some food, we talked a little, it was okay." I shrugged, but I couldn't hide the heat I felt painting my cheeks crimson. "So you're friends with him again?" They asked in unison. "...I think so, I'm not sure, we're talking." I answered. I was passed the joint and resigned myself to laying back and smoking. "It's crazy he's here while you're here, you bumped into him twice and he got you to sit down with him." Lilth pointed out. "Yeah, almost like fate." Taurus shrugged. Ray sat up, "I wouldn't be surprised if he did that all himself, he's a demigod...and he probably still loves them." He spoke.

I looked over at him in shocked, "I got a lot of things from seeing Gerard again, but I don't think he loves me. He couldn't after so many years, and I was really shitty to him." I reminded. "Plus he'd never use his powers on me, he doesn't have any he can use against me." I continued, "You don't know that, he was obsessed with you still in high school so I'm not surprised if he still wants you." Ray put his hands up. "You wanna ask him yourself since you're so sure?" I felt myself getting angry.

"Nah, no, we don't speak." Ray said. "Since when?" I asked. "Junior year of high school." Ray answered. I nodded, "Good to know, I'll ask him myself if I decide to say anything." I calmed myself. Gerard was right that night. I felt myself going back to that night. "So, ideas for our wedding outfits?" I asked, I couldn't deal with reliving one of the worst nights of my life, so I smoked another join and switched the subject.

I didn't care what fabric my sister wanted me to wear at the wedding, or what trim it should have, I just wanted to wear something cool. "Can we put you in a dress?" I nodded, "I have years of experience being a pretty girl, I can bring her out of retirement." I laughed. "So what who's invited?" I asked, "Everyone, mom's family dads family all of Ray's family, our friends from school!" Taurus said excitedly, she clapped and rocked thinking of her wedding day. "I'm so happy for you sis, I hope everyone there will be too, if their not...let me bite em!" I said attacking my sisters arm with my teeth. "Ouch, nooo, not at my wedding!" She cried. I released her arm, "Of course not at the wedding." I giggled. "At the reception when everyone's drunk!" Lilith laughed. My sister's and I fell out laughing. There was nothing like it.

I'm glad I changed the subject, I got as high as I could and soon it was time to go. "It's almost time for us to zip home, but we'll be back." Dad said hugging my sisters and giving Ray a handshake. "I'll miss you, call me, come home anytime." Mom was almost crying again. My sister's and I gave her a good dog pile, she would need all the hugs she could get. "I love you both, I'll be in touch, and I can't wait to come visit again." I hugged my sisters, I stuck out my hand for Ray to shake it. "It was good to get to talk, I hope we can again." I spoke, Ray took my hand and pulled me into a hug. "I hope so too, thank you (Y/n).

.

We got back the the hotel and packed up everything, I took all the complimentary shampoos and facial care, and we were off. We'd be home sooner than I could think of the changes I just went through.