Back To the Norm 2

A/N: i ended that last chapter a little early in an effort to get it our faster so this book might have more chapters if I keep trying to meet my own deadlines-Vamp

(Y/n's) pov

I paced the room holding myself and stressing. "I gotta call him." I say aloud. I picked up my phone and pressed Gerard's contact. I felt myself recoil with a strange anxiety. "Now...how am I supposed to call him after avoiding him." I thought for a moment. "We are past that, or at least in denial." I say, caving and dieling his number.

I wait pensively by the window, the ringing of the phone almost muted by my hurricane of thoughts. Before I heard a shallow sigh in the speaker. "Ugh, what's up?" He asked, he sounded sleepy. "Hello Gerard, it's (Y/n)." I spoke, feeling the hairs on my arms stand up. He took a sharp inhale and I heard creaking. He was sitting up, I could picture him in my mind sitting up in bed. "I'm glad you called me. You wanted to see me?" He asked.

Part of me was warm and I took a second to think, holding the phone to my ear. "I did, but we might not be able to. My dad wants to leave a little early." I feel clumsy, telling Gerard I wanted to see him again. It felt wrong, but I heard Gerard chuckle. "I'm only staying in New York for the art, I want to soak up the knowledge of the great artist here...but if you want to see me I can make time to soak in the artistic power of nostalgia. Call me when you're back in jersey, and I'll be there. Gerard was talking smoothly.

The way he talked on stage, it was almost sultry. As much as I wanted to call him out for this tone, I felt like he only talked that way when had something to say. I was staring at the floor, wondering just what he had to say to me. "So if I call, you'll come?" I asked, "Only if you call, and only if you want it. Tell me if you want me to." Gerard offered me his friendship with a sour taste on the end. Bitter truth slipped into his words when we talked to me. "Call me and tell me you need me...do you hear how you sound." I curled my lip, feeling frustrated with transparency.

Something about the raw emotion of telling Gerard I wanted to see him after everything felt selfish and cold like I would betray some new trust we barley have formed. It also felt like I was being pulled into something I had no idea how to get out of. "We'll see." I let the words slip out. "We'll see than, see you later." I said again. "Sooner, rather than later." Gerard's words held a smile in them.

I smiled too.

.

Ray's pov

"Maybe I just resent them because I feared all they could do with my secrets..." I spoke it aloud to myself. "That means I've been an asshole..."  I leaned forward, reaching for the memory of the boy I used to be. 

"Ray..."

I was pulled back, onto the cough in the livingroom. "Hey, Ray, you there?" Lilth spoke, snapping me back to life. I was sitting now, my eyes unfocused and my mouth dry. "I'm here." I spoke regaining myself. "I just was...thinking really hard..." I licked my dry lips and shook my head.

"You should get some rest, please lay down. You look tired." Lilth said, "I've been running, I think I just stopped." I smiled. Feeling exhausted from my long journey from ego to humility.

(A/n): yo