Havent got the Time

A/n: elbow readers, so now that I'm back to writing and the story has just started (for the second time) id like to know what you think so far. Even tho it's just starting out, I want my writing to be good.- Vamp

As the day went on the halls of the school filled and emptied at their own rate. Soon after the sun was high above the building the lunch bell rang. The halls rushed with life as teachers and students alike left their classrooms.

Ray's pov

The heat of the locker room was almost too much. I stopped in front of the big mirror, unwrapping the towel on my head to see my flowers perking back up. With my hair wet they were perfectly visible. I covered my head again, before walking off to my locker. Getting changed wasn't a challenge when I got to shower early, but today it was a bit crowded. I thanked the Gods my locker was more secluded than others.

I was careful to remove my head towel last and comb my hair before leaving. It wasn't my choice to hide my flowers from everyone, but I learned early on in life that genetic disorders and unexplained magic would only get me questions. I avoided those questions as best I could, only allowing my flowers freedom when I was with the people who understood me. Most of the basketball team wasn't included in that for me.

.

I left the locker room and walked down the gym hallway, and out of the P.E. building. Walking the trail from P.E. to the cafeteria building was peaceful, the trail was sunny and lined with bushes and the flowers that grew there were beautiful. The gardening club at the school maintained them beautifully. "Hey Toro!" I heard a voice calling from behind me. I looked to the voice to see Gerard, "Oh, Hey gee." I waved to him, he was coming from a separate path. The main Auditorium building was just off to the side of the main building where the academic classes were held. "What are you not happy to see me?" He frowned.

"Did I not smile at you?" I shrugged, I was happy. "No, you looked even more gloomy than normal!" Gerard laughed, he caught up with me. "It's not my fault I don't exactly like most the guys on my team." I shrugged it off. "Why don't you? Don't you guys gotta do those team bonding things?" Gerard was pulling at his gloves again, as he spoke. "Yeah, but it's only so we play better together, I never felt close to most of them. Pete's cool, although he is graduating at the the of the year." I shook my head thinking about the day he'd graduate. Gerard tilted his head, "I thought Peter was our age though?" We reached the Cafe then.

"Yeah, but he's graduating early, he's been in AP classes all year." I explained, we walked to the booths on the other side of the Cafe and sat there. It was actually not that common for me and Gerard to get together like this, it was nice. I sank into my seat, smiling at him. "Ya know I am happy to see you, it's been awhile." I could feel the buds in the back of my head start to bloom a but. "It has, I'm glad I saw you today. How have you been?" It feels like we hadn't talked all school year. If we weren't texting we missed each other in the hallways. "How have I been?" I questioned myself out loud. "I've been...good but just good ya know." Thinking on my lukewarm life had made me cringe a little.

Gerard nodded, "I understand, but I've been the opposite, life's been too much. Shows and practice, parties and all-nighters." He was waving his hands around. I nodded, "It sounds like a lot, but I wish I could have a little chaos man." I shook my head. We pulled out our lunches and started to eat. Small talk over food seemed to make the meal better.

"Hey Ray, have you talked to (Y/n) lately?" Gerard had asked. I shook my head digging into my salad. "Nah, if they don't call me I don't really know where they are." Gerard looked saddened, I knew what came next. "I tried to say something to them this morning." He looked into his pasta furrowing his eyebrows. I sat up a little straighter, suddenly feeling more irritated than sympathetic. "What did you try and say?" Suddenly the room was a little too loud. "Well I..." He started, looking up at me from his plate. "You don't know, look Gee, I think you shouldn't try to talk to (Y/n) anymore." I finished. I found myself closing my eyes for a second. Slightly annoyed I pinched my glabella between my thumb and pointer finger.

"Yeah I didn't know, but why should I give up?" He straightened, crossing his arms. "Look, they made it clear long ago they didn't want you in their life. Not to mention they have become...different. He's angry again and erratic too." I spoke to Gerard clearly. This is a talk we've had before. Once every year, Gerard gets the idea to fix all of his mistakes. He doesn't stop to question weather or not those mistakes changed him for the better, he just want everything to go back to normal. At first, I could understand him and I even rooted for his cause. Now, though, it is tired and even embarrassing.

"Maybe he's angry because I still haven't apologized, I want to. If you really cared about them you'd want to talk to him too." Gerard took a bite of his pasta, looking spiteful. He pulled his gloves. "I'm telling you this is a bad call Gee I knew he was neurotic, but I didn't think it would get this bad." I shook my head, feeling a buzzing in my head. Stress head aches would set in like clockwork this time of year. "Neurotic, Ray how could you say that? They're supposed to be your best friend!" Gerard suddenly stood up with his hands  firmly on the table. The cafe turned to face the noise.

For a moment we were in complete silence. Gerard looked around at the thousands of eyes, and they looked right back. Some were mocking, some simply looking out of curiosity. Gerard slowly sat back down, the noise became as loud as it was before. We whispered now, "I can say that because I've seen his irrational anger and mood swings worsen. And maybe, I don't want to be their best friend anymore because of that." I shook my head. The tension in my head grew stronger with each word. Gerard sat there, looking intensely at his own lap. I could tell I was making him angry.

"Look I've already got enough on my plate trying to get through school, I don't need to deal with either of you being wrapped up in drama that happened before we even started going here." I justified my feelings, I had a right to back away from their dumsterfire. "And over what, child jealousy? Gerard, we were 15 both of you need to let it go." I finished, and took a sip of my water.

Gerard was still looking angrier than ever sitting across from me. With hands on the table, his knuckles white, gloves creasing under the strain of his squeezing fist. He looked like a child for a moment, quietly letting out a sob. Then he looked at me, his eyes burning, tears threatening to spill. "Have you told them? Have you told them any of this to their face?" He rasped through a cracking voice. I felt sorry for him in that moment and realized I had been too harsh. I only shook my head, "I haven't got the-" I started to speak, but he was gone in a moment.

Too be continued

A/n: hopefully things are heating up for yall I want you guys to be interested ya know-Vamp