★ | 002. the vision of the blood singer

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 2: The Vision Of The Blood Singer
Word Count: 1506

Book: Killing Season, TwilightChapter 2: The Vision Of The Blood SingerWord Count: 1506

Alice Cullen stood in one of the large rooms of the Cullen house. Her eyes were wide and her face frozen in shock as flashes of a brunette girl ran through her mind. Or as she soon found out, Edward's blood singer and from what else she saw in her vision, this girl and Edward were going to become close, very close.

As her vision came to an end, a gasp left her lips and she backed up. This girl would be arriving soon. I need to find Edward... she thought.

She sped through the house until she found her non blood related brother. He was already looking at her with furrowed eyebrows and asked, "Alice? What is it?"

"Your blood singer. She'll be coming to Forks shortly and she'll be going to out school." She spoke quickly, taking more steps into the room.

Edward looked shocked. "What?" He questioned once again, hoping he had misheard her.

"You have to be prepared for when she comes, Edward. Her scent will be strong and it's going to be difficult for you to resist her."

Edward had started to pace back and forth, hand on his chin as he freaked out. "She can't come here! How am I supposed to control myself around my blood singer! I'll want to kill her the second she comes anywhere near me!" His voice got progressively louder. "We have to leave Forks."

"Edward, we are not leaving. You will control yourself. I know you can." She took in a deep, unneeded breath. "And I've seen a future with her in it. Her and you together."

This made the mal vampire stop pacing. "You can't be serious." He went over to the large window and leaned his hand against it. "That won't happen. I'd never let that happen." He mumbled.

"She seems to be good for you." Alice said softly. It was no secret that she wasn't too fond of Damien. The boy was obnoxious and rude and she thought Edward deserved better then that. "Give yourself a chance to be happy, Edward."

He shook his head, "even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Damien would kill her the moment I showed any interest."

"No, he wouldn't. We wouldn't let him." Alice said firmly. "He wouldn't be able to fight us all." He was strong but nowhere near that strong. He also didn't have any powers that could help him out. He was a plain, old, boring vampire as he liked to call himself.

"Well, I definitely could try." A dark voice spoke from behind. Alice whipped herself around to see Damien leaning against the doorway, dressed in his usual, casual clothing with his arms crossed and an evil glint in his eyes. "What is this I hear about a blood singer?"

She thought he had gone hunting. She would have never talked about this with Edward if she knew he was in the house. He liked to say he didn't have a power but when it came to being stealthy and hidden, Damien was the best at it. He wouldn't be found unless he wanted to. "This topic is none of your concern." She said, keeping her voice strong.

Damien narrowed his eyes at her and stopped leaning on the door, slowly making his way into the room, like he was stalking his prey. "It is all of my concern when it involves my mate." He sneered at her. Their was a dangerous aura around him and his body was turned into a defensive stance.

Alice backed away from him, looking at him with annoyance. "Mate or not, Edward has the right to some privacy and if he does not wish for you to know, you will not know."

"I'm hearing a lot of words come from your mouth but it should be Edward telling me this. You do not speak for him." He snapped. He looked over at the bronze haired male. "Did Alice tell you her name?" Why did he want her name? So, he could easily track her down and rip her throat out. If this girl thought she was going to get anywhere near Edward she was gravely mistaken.

"No. She didn't." Edward answered.

Alice held up her chin defiantly. "And I won't be telling you either. The girl has done nothing wrong and you will go nowhere near her."

Before anymore words could be said, Jasper came into the room, having felt the heated emotions and feeling like this was the time to step in and pull his mate away from the situation. "Alice, do you want to accompany me on a stroll?" He questioned, turning his body to the side in a gesture for her to follow him.

Alice and Damien were still glaring heatedly at each other. Though Alice was the first one to back down and with a huff and stormed past him. Edward gave Jasper a thankful look and Jasper returned it with a nod, following behind his angry mate out of the room.

Damien was silent as he tried to process what was going on. "Would you mind if I killed her?" He asked. He was genuinely asking because there was a small part of him that hoped Edward would say no. Hell, they could even go kill her together. It would be a great bonding experience.

"No!" Edward shouted, having also heard his thoughts. "If you do happen to find out who she is, you will not go near her. Do you understand?"

Damien pouted a little. "Ugh, fine. As long as she knows your mine and I'm yours, I won't have a problem with her." He walked over to the window, standing next to his mate. Edward had his forehead creased and a stressed expression. Damien sighed and put his hand on his back. "I'm sorry for upsetting you. It just makes me jealous to think someone else is going to have your attention."

Edward's shoulders slumped. "I'm not going to even talk to her. I have to stay as far away as possible from her if I want to keep myself from killing her. I've heard stories of what blood singers smell like... I don't want to hurt anyone." He whispered the last part.

And that's were Edward and Damien were so different. Edward cared about people, he didn't want to be a monster, while Damien embraced it. Damien let his expression soften and he said gently, "hey, don't get upset. If it means that much to you, if you try to hurt her, I'll stop you."

Edward couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Do you promise me?"

"I promise." Damien replied.

"Thank you, Damien."

He nodded his head and slid his hand down Edward's back. "Did you want to seal the deal with a kiss." His soft look was gone and it was replaced by a lusty expression as he bit his lip and leaned in closer.

Edward growled and pushed his hand from his back. "Was that kindness all an act just so you could kiss me? Unbelievable!" He snapped, snatching himself away from Damien and speeding out of the room, wanting to get away from him.

Damien frowned and sat down on the ground. "I'll just wait here for you to come back!" He shouted, earning no response back. He huffed and put his hand on his chin. Was wanting a kiss that bad of a thing?

The thought of the blood singer re-entered his mind and his thoughts turned dark. Since he was sure, Edward had left the house, he had no problem thinking of all the various ways he could kill this girl. If only he knew what she looked like. She would be in Forks soon from what he heard and he would find out her name and what she looked like then. No one could stop that from happening.

He wanted to kill her so bad but Edward had been extremely serious when he said he didn't want her dead. More feelings of jealousy swirled around him and he clenched his fists, glaring at the floor. He wouldn't kill her... not unless this girl touched his mate. If she even looked at him with a hint of lust in her eyes...

She really should have stayed away from Forks because she may not know it but she was already on the bad side of a murderous vampire.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: Did you guys like the chapter and the way Damien is being written? Do you like his personality? Do you want him to continue being a bad character or have a redemption arc?

I don't want to make him the good guy and I want him to be evil. I don't exactly know where I'm going with this story yet but I have a few plot points thought out. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you want to.