★ | 009. the day we met

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 9: The Day We Met
Word Count: 2394

It was that time again for school and Damien waited by Edward's car for his mate to come down

It was that time again for school and Damien waited by Edward's car for his mate to come down. Once Edward arrived he put his hand on the handle but stopped when Edward cleared his throat. "Yes, dove?" He questioned with a smile. "I'm picking up Bella for school today."

That made his smile drop. "And why is that?" He asked with a slight growl in his voice. "Because she's my friend and she asked. Could you try and not make any threats towards her while she's in the car?" Edward question bluntly.

"It depends." Damien shrugged with an innocent look and Edward tilted his head. "On what?" He shrugged his shoulders again. "On if you decides to open her mouth and make me listen to her annoying voice."

Edward gave him a tired expression. "So you expect her to stay silent for the whole car trip" He asked with exasperation. "I really don't think it's that much to ask. I'm doing us both a favour. Oh! And don't even think I'm giving up my spot in the front seat for Plain Jane." He got into the car.

Edward got into the drivers side and started the car. "I won't ask you to sit in the back." He said as he pulled out of the driveway. "Well, isn't that sweet of you." Damien leaned his head back against the head rest and stared at him.

He kept his eyes on the side of Edwards beautiful face as Edward sped along to Bella's house. It was the only thing that could calm the annoyance within him of having to be in close proximity to Bella and for her to no doubt be eyeing up his mate.

They pulled up in front of the boring looking house and Damien crossed his arms, golden eyes turned to slits when he spotted the girl walking down her pathway with her back pack on. When her eyes caught his, she looked at him rather surprised, she had thought it was just Edward picking her up.

"Morning." She mumbled as she got into the back seat, eyes only giving Damien a few seconds before they were glued to Edward. Edward turned his head to face her with a kind smile. "Good morning, Bella." He replied, his voice sending a blush to her cheeks.

"Hey, human. When you blush, your blood rushes to your cheeks. Probably not the best idea to do in a small space with a hungry vampire." He smirked at her, showing off his fangs. Her hands went to her cheeks and she gasped, trying to hide her face. "S - Sorry, I didn't mean - "

"There's no need to apologise, Bella. Damen is just being funny." Edward said with a shake of his head. "Oh, no. I'm completely serious. Blush again and I might have to sink my teeth into you."

"What happened to the no threatening?" Edward asked in a quick whisper. He could feel the awkwardness and nervousness coming from Bella. "I said I would if she kept her mouth shut. She didn't do that." He said back in a loud tone, wanting Bella to hear everything he was saying.