★ | 014. want to feel free

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 14: Want To Feel Free
Word Count: 1901

They had only just arrived in Forks when Edward's phone was rang once again

They had only just arrived in Forks when Edward's phone was rang once again. He answered only to be greeted by a frantic Alice, telling him Bella left, the only place she could think that she might be was at the ballet studio she had seen in a vision earlier.

"Why would she do this?" Edward seethed, squeezing the phone so tight in his hands that is nearly broke. "She was safe and protected. What made her leave?"

Whatever it was Damien was impressed James was able to lure her away. "Can we finally give up? If she's stupid enough to go with him then she's not worth saving, right?" He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. "Stop it! I don't what to hear it! Not anymore!" Edward yelled at him, so harshly that it had Damien pausing for a moment in shock.

Edward took off within seconds, his legs carrying him quickly towards the ballet studio. He was much faster then the others but that didn't stop Damien from following after him. He was following his scent and his desire to get to him was pushing him to run faster then both Rosalie and Emmett.

He could only hope James did his job and Bella was already dead by the time they got there.

He ran himself to the ballet studio and stopped outside. He could hear the commotion coming from inside and he growled. James was supposed to be hurting Bella, he never said anything about laying a finger on Edward.

He sped into the studio only to see Bella on the ground, cowering and shaking while Edward and James fought. Damien looked between them before he stomped towards Bella. "Why won't you just die already?!" He shouted at her.

"Damien! Please don't!" Bella begged. "There's no point pleading for your life. I'm going to rip your throat out and bath in your blood." His hand was around her throat and he squeezed tightly.

"P - Please!" She clutched at his stone, cold and trying everything in her power to get him to let her go but it was impossible. Damien would only let her go if he chose to. One of her hands tug into her jacket before pulling out a small can of pepper spray, spraying it in his eyes.

It did nothing to effect him and it simply dripped from his eyes. He tilted his head at her and laughed lowly. "Naughty girl."

"Damien!" It was the sound of Edward's voice and he snapped his head around to see James had his mate pushed up against a pillar, clearly winning the fight. Everything in Damien burned and he released Bella, speeding over to James and putting his hands around his throat, pulling him off Edward with ease.

"You shouldn't have touched him." He growled out. James looked at him with wide eyes. "But you're the one that planned this. You told me to go after her. What did I do wrong?" James whimpered out.