★ | 010. here comes the human

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 10: Here Comes The Human
Word Count: 2123

Book: Killing Season, TwilightChapter 10: Here Comes The HumanWord Count: 2123

Damien stood in the kitchen of his house, twirling a knife around in his hand. Bella was only moments away from arriving at their house and Esme had made it her duty to use the kitchen for the first time to cook Bella a gourmet meal as a welcome. "Do we know if she's allergic to anything?" He questioned without looking at them.

"Edward didn't say anything about it. Why?" Esme asked and he shrugged his shoulders, staring at the knife intensely. "I was just wondering." If I was able to sneak any into her food, he added in his mind.

Esme nodded her head and went back to doing what she was doing with the help from the others. Edward was waiting downstairs for Bella to drive. He would have picked her up but he didn't want Damien to make her uncomfortable within the ride again.

He heard the sound of the call pull up and Bella's scent entered his nose. He narrowed his eyes slightly. "This is incredible." She said to Edward as she walked into the house, not being able to stop herself from looking around the fancy home. "It's so light and open, you know?"

"What did you expect? Coffins and dungeons and motes?" Edward chuckled as she placed her jacket down on the seat. "No, not the motes." She joked, making him chuckle again. "Not the motes." He repeated her with amusement.

Her making him laugh only caused Damien to squeeze the handle of the knife harder, it bending in his hands. Edward and Bella began walking up the stairs towards the kitchen. "This is the one place we don't have to hide." He said, leading her upwards. "I told them not to do this."

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie questioned, holding the glass bowl in one hand as Esme and Emmett placed the ingredients in there. "Her name is Bella." Emmett said like it was obvious. "I'm sure she'll love it no matter what." Carlisle chimed in.

"I could always rip her throat out if she doesn't." Damien suggested with a hopeful look in his eyes. Esme gave him a disapproving look. "She's a guest in our house, don't be rude, Damien."

"I'm not being rude. You agree with me, don't you Rosalie?" He questioned her since he knew she was the only one other then him that didn't want the human in the house. "I'll never agree with you." She sneered back at him and he rolled his eyes. "So stubborn."

"Get a whiff of that." She said as she smelt Bella about to enter the kitchen. "Here comes the human." Edward and Bella came into the kitchen and Esme came rushing over to them with excitement. "Bella, we're making Italiano for you."

"Quick question, Bella. Do you happen to be allergic to anything?" Damien asked, trying to look innocent. She went to answer but Edward quickly cut her off, "don't answer that." Damien pouted and stabbed the knife into the chopping board. "Bella, this is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Edward introduced Esme.