★ | 001. a little obsessive

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 1: A Little Obsessive
Word Count: 1214

Book: Killing Season, TwilightChapter 1: A Little ObsessiveWord Count: 1214

The blood rolled down his throat and he closed his eyes in bliss. Sure, animal blood wasn't the best and sure he'd much rather be digging into a humans jugular right now but he couldn't. Not anymore. He had once been a monster who would kill anyone for a feed. Now he was the vegetarian.

Ugh, how boring.

Although he didn't like it it was something he needed to do in order to satisfy his mate. His once cold, blood red eyes were now an attractive gold that everyone was drawn to.

He stood up from the deer, bringing his hand up to wipe the thick, red liquid away from his mouth. He was a messy eater. There was an animalistic part of him that was hard to control sometimes and being clean was the last thing on his mind when he was eating.

With his thirst now quenched, Damien speed his way back to the house he lived in with the rest of his so called family. The only reason he put up with them was for Edward. He would much rather he and Edward get a private home for them to live in.

"I'm back!" He sang in a sweet voice, making his way up the stairs and into the large living room within just a few seconds.

"How disappointing. We were hoping to have some more peace and quiet." Rosalie snapped at him.

He grinned at her, a small amount of redness still being shown on his otherwise stark white teeth. "Always the warmest of welcomes. Anyhow, you aren't the one I'm looking for. Where is my mate?" He asked with a sense of demand.

"Sorry to say this but I think he's hiding from you." Emmett laughed loudly, making Damien grit his teeth at the obnoxious noise. "You can be a bit overbearing at times."

"He loves that about me. He just hadn't admitted it yet." He sniped, a look of love entering his eyes at the thought of his beautiful mate. "Well, likes always, you two are just as useless. I'll find him myself." He commented, not giving them anymore of his attention and leaving the room.

"Why do we allow him to live in this house again?" Rosalie growled, angrily flipping through the page of her magazine and nearly tearing it out in the process.

"Because Esme is too kind to kick him out." Emmett chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her into his side, trying to calm her down.

Damien silently made his way up onto the third story, opening the door of Edwards room and waltzing in. "Are you in here, love?" He questioned, pouting when he got no reply back. "Are you ignoring me? That's not very nice."

Edward, who had been sitting in the corner of his room reading a book, sighed loudly. "Back already? You found a meal quick."

"I'm a good hunter. Once I have my eyes set on something, there's no chance of it getting away." He said, running his eyes up and down Edwards frozen figure. He waltzed over closer to him, snatching the book from his hands. "Romeo and Juliet? Again? Haven't you read it a thousand times?"

"A thousand and one." Edward responded, standing up and snatching the book back. "And do be more careful with it. It's an old book." He moved his way over to the large cupboard and placed the book back in.

Damien rolled his eyes and replied, "a books, a book. You can always find another one." He walked over to Edward, wrapping his arms around him from behind and resting his chin on his stone shoulder. "May I have all your attention now?"

Edward knew there was no chance of him getting out of the vice grip Damien had on him. He had tried to before and always failed. "You are in constant need of my full attention."

"Can you blame me? I have the most amazing mate in the world and I want to spend my time with him." Damien whispered in his ear.

Edward cleared his throat, reaching up to grab another book, one that he wouldn't mind if Damien accidentally tore up. "Just because we are mates does not mean we are lovers. I think you forget that sometimes."

It was true, much to Damien's dismay. When he had first encountered Edward, he had been ecstatic, happy to finally have met his mate. Unfortunately, Edward was a lot more resistant then Damien had anticipated and wanting nothing more then for them to be friends.

At the time, Damien was a relentless monster and he didn't care what he did or who he had killed. However, after Edward had spoke of his hatred towards the lifestyle, Damien was quick to change his ways, becoming a vegetarian and staying away from the human blood. He thought that would fix the issues but Edward still rejected him. This had been going on for many years now.

"And that's the good thing about being vampires. I have an eternity to change your mind." He growled playfully, tightening his grip.

"And what if I never change my mind?" Edward questioned back, turning his head the slightest to look at him out of the corner of his eye.

"Don't think so negatively, Edward. You'll change your mind. Once you realise how devastatingly in love with me you are." And Damien was certain it would happen. They were mates after all. They were destined to be together. Edward could try all he wanted but eventually he would be where he belonged, in Damien's arms.

Edward scoffed after hearing the other males thoughts. "Don't be so sure of yourself. Now, will you please let me go? I have a new book I would like to start reading."

The thought of letting him go made Damien's smile drop. "How about I make you deal? I'll only let you go if you promise to read that boring looking book to me."

"If it looks so boring why would you want me to read it to you?"

"Because I want to - "

"Spend time with me. Right."

Damien gasped, "look at us. We're finishing each other's sentences. If that doesn't prove we're soulmates, I don't know what will."

Edward simply rolled his eyes and moved back over to the chair, sitting down where he once was and opening the newish looking book. "Do you want me to read for you or not?"

"I do." Damien sat down on the floor next to the chair, seeing as there was literally no where else to sit. He shifted around, dragging his eyes up to Edward. "You know, we could always share the chair. I'm sure you wouldn't mind sitting on my - "

"Don't even finish that sentence, Damien. You're staying on the floor."

"It was just a suggestion."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: Hello everybody! And welcome to the first chapter of my new twilight book. It's a little on the shorter side but I thought that was a good place to end it and gave a little insight into how Edward and Damien's relationship/non relationship is.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you want to and enjoyed the chapter!