★ | 003. coming to the conclusion

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 3: Coming To The Conclusion
Word Count: 2126

As the morning came around, Damien found himself standing by Edwards car with a thoughtful expression

As the morning came around, Damien found himself standing by Edwards car with a thoughtful expression. Weeks had gone by since Alice's vision and as far as Damien could tell, the blood singer hadn't come to town. He wondered if that meant the girl wasn't going to come at all and she had taken a different path.

He could only hope.

His gold eyes darted to the side when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching, his face immediately breaking out into a smile when he spotted Edward strolling over to him. "Good morning, Dove." He greeted.

Edward nodded at him back in greeting, stopping outside of the drivers side door. "You do have your own car you know? You don't have to ride with me every morning."

Damien shrugged and opened the passenger side door. "How can I resist to be alone with you for the few moments until we get to school?" He responded. Every morning, Edward would be the one to drive them both to school. He was never able to get out of it. Damien wouldn't let him.

"I suppose I should have seen that coming." Edward mumbled and got into the car.

Damien breathed out a musical laugh before he slid in as well. He leaned back against the seat as he waited for Edward to start up the car. He obviously didn't bother with a seat belt. As Edward drove away from the house, Damien found himself not staring at the passing scenery but at the man next to him. He took in ever small detail of his face, tracing his eyes over the beautiful features. Edward was the most beautiful thing he had ever encountered and he could find himself staring at him for hours. He was perfect in every way.

Edward had stayed silent for most of the car ride, focusing all his attention on the road and trying not to let Damien's thoughts invade his mind.

"We should do something after school today." Damien broke the silence.

Edward glanced away from the road for only a second before they were back ahead. "What do you have in mind?" Just because he was asking, didn't mean he was actually considering spending the afternoon alone with Damien. All that would happen is Damien would flirt with him and Edward would snap at him for the action. Even with that in mind, Damien still tried. It was endearing and annoying at the same time.

"We could go to that meadow you like so much. It's been quite a time since I've been in the sun." Damien loved feeling the sun on his ice cold skin. Since they were in Forks, the only time he could feel that sensation was at the meadow. He didn't mind going alone but he'd much rather have Edward there with him. It was a peaceful outing they could spend together. He also knew that Edward loved to spend his time there.

"We will see." Edward replied as the car approached the school parking lot.

Damien spotted the teenagers swarming the lot and he clenched his teeth from the strong smell of their blood. The sound of their heartbeats entered his ears and he squeezed his eyes shut. Even after all this time, being around humans was still a struggle for him. He shook himself out of it, putting on a smirk to hide his discomfort.