★ | 025. only cause problems

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 25: Only Cause Problems
Word Count: 1330

Book: Killing Season, TwilightChapter 25: Only Cause Problems Word Count: 1330

There was one thing Damien really didn't want to do.

Go back to school.

He found the whole thing useless and a waste of time but if he was going to be living in Forks again, it was something he had to put up with. As much as he didn't want to admit it, him not going to school would cause more problems then it was worth.

"We should probably go in." Edward said after ten minutes of waiting outside.

Damien sighed and looked at the big building. "But it's so boring."

"It's not that bad." Edward said and Damien gave him a look. "What? It's not."

"Yeah because being told things you've been told a hundred times before is such a joy." He said sarcastically and Edward snickered.

The rest of the family had already gone inside, saying Damien was taking too long and they didn't want to wait around.

"Just... another ten minutes." He said and this time it was Edward giving him a look. "Yeah, didn't think that would work." He huffed and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Lets get this over and done with. I'm already getting hungry."

He looked at Edward with his brown contacts. His blood red eyes might freak a few people out so contacts was the way to go.

Edward walked a few steps forward before turning and holding out his hand for Damien to grab. Every time Edward initiated any physical contact it still came as a shock to him.

Damien walked up to him but instead of grabbing his hand he walked right past, sending Edward a smirk. Edward could only pout and follow behind him as they entered the school.

They made their way to their first class and when they went to the door, the teacher stopped talking. She raised her eyebrows as she looked between them. "Mr. Cullen. Mr. Hale. First day back and you're already late. What's your excuse?"

Before Edward could answer, Damien said, "do you really want to know the sex lives of your students?" His words made the teachers eyes go wide and Edward whipped his head towards him. Damien smirked at the reactions he was getting. "Didn't think so." With that said, he walked over to a spare seat and sat down.

Edward quickly followed him.

The teacher cleared her throat. "Um, just don't let it happen again."

Edward was in the seat next to Damien and leaned over to whisper to him. "Why did you say that?"

Damien shrugged. "Because it was funny." He chuckled.

★ ★ ★

By lunch time, the whole school knew the Cullen's were back and that's all that could be talked about. All day Damien had been stared at and he would stare right back until that person got uncomfortable and looked away.