★ | 018. memories of you and me

Book: Killing Season, Twilight
Chapter 18: Memories Of You And Me
Word Count: 1244

Edward had his eyes glued to the stage, his golden eyes showing interest in the play that was being performed

Edward had his eyes glued to the stage, his golden eyes showing interest in the play that was being performed. Next to him, Damien sat with a not so interested expression. He was bored off his ass. He hated plays. He found them so boring.

"Can we leave yet?" He asked, not bothering to keep his voice quiet. Some of the audience around them turned to look at him with a glare and he scoffed. Like he was interrupting something that important.

"Damien." Edward hissed in a much lower voice, giving apologetic looks to the humans looking at them. "I told you you wouldn't like it. Why did you insist on coming?"

"Because you were going." Damien said in a 'duh' voice. They were both speaking quietly now. Damien didn't care if he bothered anyone around them but he did rather enjoy the closeness he and Edward had to get in order to whisper to each other.

"I could have come alone. I was only to be gone a couple hours." Edward said, eyes glancing back at the stage every now and then.

Damien shrugged and leaned his head closer to Edwards. "A couple hours feels like an eternity when you're not by my side." His words made Edward falter and that made Damien smirk. As much as Edward liked to deny it, Damien knew he had an affect on him just as Edward did to him.

"It only has forty minutes left to go. Can you hold your tongue until then?"

"My tongue would much rather be doing other things." He said sultry.

Edward turned to look at him confused only to understand his meaning when he caught a glimpse of his face. "Damien." He hissed once again. If he could still blush he would be.

"I love it when you say my name." Damien said. Edward didn't respond this time and Damien pouted. He didn't turn his head to watch the play, instead he kept his eyes on Edward the entire time, watching him closely. He wasn't lying when he said he could stare at him for hours. His mate was beautiful and Damien always thought himself lucky to have been blessed with Edward.

The play came to an end and everyone began to leave their seats. Damien jumped up as well, ready to push past people if he had to. Men, women, children, he didn't care. If they were in his way they would be thrown to the side.

Edward suddenly grasped his hand and Damien whipped his head to the side. "Be a little patient. We will have room to leave soon." He said and with one gentle tug, Damien was back in his seat.

He stared at his and Edward's hands, going to interlock them when Edward pulled away. Damien pouted, already missing the feel of Edward's hand. "I was enjoying that."

"People might see. You know what they would think." Edward said quietly. They were still in the years where same sex relationships weren't accepted.

"If anyone has something to say about it, I'll kill them." Damien shrugged.

Edward narrowed his eyes. "You're eyes have just turned gold, you are going to change that with human blood? After all the work you put in?" He said disappointed.

"I don't have to drink from them to kill them." Damien said with an evil smile. Edward just gave him a look and he sighed, "fine, I won't kill anyone."

"Thank you." Edward said rather sarcastically.

The crowed began to get smaller so Edward finally concluded it was a good time to go. They were making their exit but Damien suddenly strayed away from the line and moved into another hallway.

Edward didn't even have time to stop him, the only thing he could do was follow after him. "What are you doing?" He said when he caught up with Damien who was in an empty corridor.

"Exploring. There's got to be something in this big, fancy theatre that is interesting." He put his hand on the door only to find it was locked.

"Look, it's locked, we should just - " Before Edward could finish, Damien twisted his hand and broke the handle easily before pushing the door open.

"Did you really think a lock was going to stand in our way?" Damien teased before walking into the room.

"We shouldn't be doing this. Someone could catch us."

"We are vampires, Edward. We'll be gone in the blink of an eye before they see anything. Take a deep breath... even though we don't breath." He walked around the room until he came across something that was in a glass case. "Oh, pretty." He hummed.

Edward's interest was no peaked and he walked over as well, seeing a blue diamond behind the glass. "Wow." He couldn't help but mutter.

"It's nearly as beautiful as you." Damien said.

He lifted his hand and was about to punch through the glass when Edward grabbed a hold of his wrist. "You are not going to steal it."

"But why not? It's a shame that it's behind this glass. It should be free with me."

"Because this will surly have an alarm on it and the second it breaks it will go off. Which will cause the police to come and investigate. We don't need to draw any attention towards ourselves."

Damien was quick as he removed his hands from Edward's grasp and sped him over to the nearest wall. "But I like having attention on me." His face was inches away from Edwards.

Edward tried to keep his cool. "Even if that attention is coming from the Volturi who could decide to kill you?"

"Ugh, of course, the Volturi. What a drag." He whined. He didn't move and instead focused his eyes on Edward or more specifically his lips. He saw Edward gulp and Damien just shook his head. "Don't worry, dove. I'd never kiss you unless you asked me to."

★ ★ ★

Edward brought his hands to his lips, suddenly wishing all those times he had asked Damien to kiss him. That he had pushed his fear aside and just gone for it. No, instead he acted like a coward.

His phone rang and it was answered and on his ear in an instant. "He's not at the Denali's. Rosalie and Emmett haven't had any luck finding him either." Jasper said.

Edward squeezed the phone in his hand and leaned forward. Why was Damien so difficult to find? "I haven't had any luck either." He felt like he had searched the world when really it had been barely half of that.

"Where are you heading to next?"

"I'm going to New York. He always used to talk about how much he loved the night life there so I might have some luck. Do you know any vampires I could get in contact with that could help?" Edward asked softly, his voice worn out.

"I know a few. I'll let them know you're headed their way."

The phone call was over as quick as it started and Edward put it back in his pocket before he was back to his searching.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: So, it seems Eddy isn't having any luck finding Damien. Their reunion will come soon and I can't wait to write it. I have basically the rest of New Moon planned out so my inspiration for this book has come back.