★ | 024. a normal family

Book: Killing Season, Twilight

Chapter 24: A Normal Family

Word Count: 1255

Damien found himself back in his old home, staring out of the glass window

Damien found himself back in his old home, staring out of the glass window. Edward was sitting on a couch a little ways away, watching him. They had only been home for a couple hours but Edward wouldn't leave him alone, never letting him get more then ten feet away from him. He had this fear in him that Damien would leave again and this time, he wouldn't be able to find him.

More vampires entered the room but Damien didn't turn around, his blood red eyes staying put.

"Hello Edward, Damien." Carlisle said softly. "I'm glad to see you home, Damien."

"Is that right?" Damien couldn't help but smirk. "Funny because I thought you hated me."

Carlisle sighed. "I never hated you."

"No?" Finally, Damien turned around, seeing the whole clan was in the room. "How about you Esme? Emmett? Alice? Barbie?" He tilted his head. "Are you afraid you might upset Edward by speaking honestly about me?"

"Stop it." Rosalie snapped at him.

"How I have missed you overly annoying voice." Damien laughed, enjoying the way her glare intensified.

"We didn't come here to argue." Alice said, sending a warning look towards Edward. "We came here to apologise to you."

"Really?" Damien's smirk widened and he took a step forward, putting his hands behind his back. "This should be good."

"You make it really hard to like you sometimes." Emmett said with a huff.

"It's my charm." Damien shook his head. "Don't insult me if you're going to apologise. It's rude." He tsked.

"We never treated you right. We see that now." Esme said softly. "I should have treated you the same way as my other sons and daughter, instead I pushed you away and for that I am truely sorry. I would like us to start over."

"All of us would." Carlisle said. "You have always been apart of our family. We should have treated you as such."

"I'm sorry." Rosalie spoke. Damien really hadn't expected her to apologise as well. "I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. After everything, you still saved Edward and made us a family again."

"Oh, I'm getting emotional." He said sarcastically. "You hate me, you can't just change that."

"Oh no, we'll still hate you." Rosalie said. "Just... be treating... you better... from now on."

"That was really hard for you to say." Damien chuckled. "Bet it felt like poison in your mouth."

Alice stepped forward, making Damien look at her with his red eyes. "I'm the one who had to make an apology." Jasper was by her side and he put his hand on her lower back to comfort her. "I let my own feelings for you get in the way of the mate bond of you and Edward. I thought you weren't good for him and he would be happier if he found someone else. When Bella came to town, I thought that was the easier solution. For him to be with her but... after you left and I saw Edward change, I realised that the only one for him is you. The universe put you together and I was a fool for trying to go against that. So, I'm sorry, Damien. For everything."