Part 28 Pawns

I had gathered my things and a few things from Benny's I couldn't bear to leave behind as I had no idea how long I would be there. He led me to the back of a car with blacked out windows, I watched the city of new york go by and the little apartment go away from me. He took me to a building and led me though the busy place deeper and deeper until we reached a room.

It was like a cell.

No windows. One single bed against the wall. A toilet and shower in the corner, A Dining table with two chairs in the middle of the room. A Yellow Phone sat on the table. My bags across the floor and my belongings scattered around the room.

"You are going to be here for a while. Someone is monitoring this phone at all times and if anything comes for you I'll be here to bring it to you" he says

"So I just have to stay here?"

"Until something moves" He nodded "Get comfortable sweetheart" He said slapping my butt before going out the door and I heard it lock behind me.

I sat at the table looking at that aggressive yellow rotary phone I got Benny's silver ring out my pocket toying with it in my fingers in this haunting silence, I looked at it closer wiping a fingerprint of mine off the top, I smiled and slipped the ring down my ring finger on my left hand my tears flowing like waterfalls down my face.

I knew the horrific things they had done to me, and I could only try and fail to force the thoughts of what they could be doing to Benny. If that is, he's even still alive. I hoped Casak would be smart enough not to kill him but, In some ways I hoped they did. So Benny wouldn't have to go through the horrible things I had, let alone what else casak would do to him. But another part of me had a all together different fear, What they would now do to me? For my information for their own ends. Both I and Benny were pawns, Prisoners to kings and queens with intentions we didn't know were forced to endure their moves and ways with each other, our lives and named used pieces in their awful game. I knew If I returned to Russia. Casak would kill me for what I did, Or worse He would keep me alive, marry me off and torcher me for the rest of my waking life. My fear grew as I began to realize I was there hostage, I was to be like benny a toy for them to try and swap us over for another life. But I wasn't as stupid as them, and I know thats now what Casak wants. His intention to take benny was not to trade him for me, He could have taken any american to do that. He has taken Benny because Casak knows that my own imagination is worse than anything they could do to Benny, Hurting him is not their endgame, My pain and my suffering is their endgame. Casak wants me to come home to Moscow Willingly. He won't kill Benny, He's the bait. The threat they hang over me to bring me home, Casak knows my body and my soul means little to me anymore years of him breaking it have proven that, But he knows I will sit here as I am now and Imagine the pain and suffering that Benny will face there. I didn't care what the CIA would do to me, it couldn't be any worse then what Had already been done to me.