Finche a dó ( 22 )

Draco decided to write a letter

To Harry

For when he's gone

He decided to write it now while he can still think and do things for himself. He wants it to be a surprise to help Harry while he's grieving. He also wrote one to Noelle, for her to open on her wedding day, but if she doesn't get married then whenever she feels like she needs to hear from her other dad, even if she can't remember him. Oh yeah, that was another thing

Memory loss

It started with small things, forgetting where he's left something, forgetting peoples names, what someone might consider to be normal.
Then it got worse
And it for more noticeable to Harry
It turned into names of simple objects
" Where's my thing "
He would say
" your what, babe? "
Harry would reply
" my thingy, magic stick thingy "
Draco would fret
" your wand? "
Harry would ask
" yeah, yeah my wand... "
Draco would reply sadly
Harry would give him a sad look, not one of pity, one of genuine sadness that his lover was loosing his memory, he was loosing himself everyday and he couldn't help him.

Other people soon started to notice, especially during the classes Draco was still able to attend, classes such as transfiguration and divination.

All of his teachers knew, they had to incase Draco took ill and had to leave lesson, or if he couldn't attend because these god damn migraines just wouldn't fuck off. Noelle, bless her, didn't have any idea what was going on, only being a few months old herself. She'd gone from only having one daddy and auntie Pansy, to now another daddy and a daddy who could hardly take care of himself some days. Thankfully she was finally sleeping throughout the night without needing to be fed or changed which helped both Draco and Harry a hell of a lot more than if she'd only been a newborn and of course Pansy was there any second they needed her, anytime Draco felt Harry needed a break from the constant looking after someone, or whenever Noelle was being too fussy Pansy would come and take her for a bit so Harry and Draco didn't have to stress.

Draco would often lay awake at night and think, I must've done some pretty shitty things in a past life too deserve this much fucking punishment in this one, but Harry must've been the Voldemort of his previous life because fuck he does not deserve this.

Harry would also lay awake a lot, what the fuck am I going to do without him? How long has he got left? Is he okay? Shit I can't tell if he's breathing...no,no,nonono please Draco I'm not really yet- oh thank fucking merlin ( he was staring to have those ' I'm not ready moments ' more and more regularly every night ) Harry would then pull Draco as close to him as possible because fuck he didn't ever think he'd be ready to let this prick go why him he would wonder why couldn't it have been some other fucker who actually deserves this he'd think why couldn't it have been me?! He'd thought that loads of times, why wasn't it him? He was such a shitty person and Draco was the kindest person on this goddamn planet yet he was still the one going through this not Harry. He'd opened up to Pansy once about that, she'd told him he was being stupid and that Draco would probably feel the same had these situations been the other way around. Didn't stop him thinking about it though. Because this was his reality. He was constantly petrified that these were his last few hours with Draco, before he lost him forever. At this point he didn't know if he was more afraid of loosing Draco, or more afraid of Draco dying not being able to remember who he was.

The scariest point yet had to have been when Draco collapsed in the shower again, he was sent to a muggle hospital by Madame Pomfrey to get proper treatment for his tumour, which is when he was told he had 3 months at the most too live.

Short little chapter because I like making you all sad :)

And AS IF YOU ASSHOLES HAVE GOTTEN THIS TOO 100K READS?! WHAT THE FUCK THAT IS INSANE!! I really cannot thank you enough 🥺❤️

And just to make you lil' shits even sadder, I think I plan on finishing this book soon, 2 or three more chapters ( and a potential prologue ) and then I think that's it!