Fiche ( 20 )

Draco sat in his room as he felt the blood drain from his face. He couldn't believe it.

Three days earlier

Draco woke up with a banging head ache for the third time that week, and it was only Wednesday, he'd told Pansy and she'd suggested he go to Madame Pomfrey, but he'd refused. It was probably just a migraine anyway. Pansy had offered to take care of Noelle while he got better which he'd taken immediately, he loved his little girl more than anything in the world but she was such a handful and with everything that was going on, it just seemed right. Pansy had claimed she'd been an angel but he could see the bags under her eyes she'd attempted to hide with concealer. He got out of bed and wobbled as he stood up, his vision had gone all blurry and he felt like he was falling.

5 hours later he woke up in the hospital wing with Pansy by his side. " I told you to go to the doctor Draco. Now look what's happened. You could've been holding Noelle or anything! " Pansy preached before he even had time to remember his own name " Yeah well I didn't did I? And I'm fine now so if you don't mind moving so I can get up " He said as he went to sit up, only to fall back on to the bed as the whole room began spinning. Pansy put her hand on his shoulder to try and bring him back to reality without startling him. " You aren't okay, Dray. Madame Pomfrey's got you an appointment at a muggle doctors tomorrow morning at nine a.m, if you want to go on your own it's fine but- " She was cut of by Draco " I'll go alone, thank you. " He said coldly. The last thing he wanted to do was go to a muggle doctors, only to find out there was nothing wrong in the first place, but if it shut Pansy up he would do basically anything at this point.

The following day during the appointment

" Okay Mr Malfoy, what's the problem? " Doctor Heddle said " I've been getting this really bad headaches for a few days, and yesterday morning when I got out of bed I passed out for five hours, I think. " He explained " Okay Mr Malfoy. I'm gonna send you down for a scan of your head, just to be sure of something, Okay? " She said calmly, though her eyes said different. Draco walked down the corridor behind Doctor Heddle until she stopped outside of a room with a large machine inside. " Okay, can you please put this on and take off any jewellery you may have on " She said and handed him the gown. He walked into the separate changing room and came out five minutes later with his clothes in hand. " Okay and just lay down on here for me " she gestured to the table looking thing. " Okay, we need you to say completely still for me, can you do that? " Draco nodded his head as he laid on the table type thing and braced himself. 2 minutes later he was getting off of the bed and heading back into the doctors office after getting changed into his own clothes. ( Ik things don't actually happen this fast and results don't come back this quickly but, hey, this is fanfiction in a magical world. Logic went out the window ages ago :)
The doctor walked back into the room with a solemn look on his face and a set of results in his hand. " Mr Malfoy, I'm really sorry to tell you this but...you have a large tumour on your brain which has been causing your head aches. " " Sorry...what? No you must be mistaken? I-I don't have a brain tumour. I'm just suffering from bad migraines and stuff..." Draco trailed off, unable to comprehend what just happened " I understand that you're in denial and that's perfectly normal for someone in this position, but you do have a brain tumour. There is treatment and potentially surgery but there are still risks, as there is with any surgery. But it is my job to make you aware of those things. If you do decide to get treatment you'll come for chemotherapy every few weeks, which will hopefully shrink the tumour down to a size where we can remove it, however, the tumour is on your brain, which isn't going to be a simple surgery and considering where it is on your brain...the likely hood of surgery even being possible at this stage is unknown Here's some pa- " " Am I going to die? " Draco cut the doctor off " Draco- " " Am I going to die or not? Because I have a daughter that might end up without a dad and I need to prepare her father for that! " Draco was starting to get angry " We don't know yet. And until we do know how severe this cancer really is you're going to have to take it easy, Mr Malfoy. "

Present day

He still hasn't told Harry about the tumour. Pansy's still the only person who knows, for now. Harry's on his way to Draco's room now but he doesn't know why.

The door to Draco's room slowly opened as Harry walked in. His eyes immediately landed on his baby girls cot in the corner of the room. He stared at it for a second and then walked over to where Draco was sat " Draco? Is everything okay? " Harry said, quietly " No...it's not to tell you the truth. I think you should sit down Harry..." Draco said slowly. His head was killing and all he wanted to do was be held by his mate, despite them not even being together anymore. Harry sat down and looked at Draco expectedly " I went to the muggle doctor the other day...I've been getting really bad headaches pretty frequently...and um.." Draco had to stop himself for a moment to attempt to pull himself together a little bit " And they told me...that...I have cancer Harry.." Draco said as the last of his walls came crumbling down and the last three days finally caught up to him. He broke down in tears as Harry rushed to his side to comfort him. " Oh my god Draco..." was all Harry could say.