Chapter 16: Training of the Heroes!

Several hour after the first meeting

Jaune parried a strike from Lute's Greatsword, while swiping one of Radon's arrows out of the air with his sword. He shield bashes Lute, before grabbing him by his spectral collar, and tossing him at Radon, who dodges out of the way easily. Radon continues to fire arrows at Jaune as he raises his shield to deflect the shots and slowly approaches. He tries for a swing at Radom, but jumps out of the way as Lute sneaks up behind him and attempts a back stab.

"You're doing well kid! Keep at it!"

Jaune says nothing staying focused. He charges forwards, cutting at Lute in quick succession, before blocking some arrows from Radon, before leaping over Lute's Greatsword swing, and charging Radon. He knocks more arrows out of the air. It seems he's going for a forwards stab, but suddenly flips his sword around and preforms a wide slash, cutting at Radon's spectral stomach.

"Very good. Your trading is going well. You know that at one point you WILL be separated from your monster, and you'll have to fight without."

"Right."

"Good. Comeback tomorrow, we'll work on harnessing the White Dragon's Power then."

"Okay. I'll practice more when I get back."

"No. You will rest. We've been dueling for several hours, and your body needs rest. The body and the mind cannot be of use to the soul if they aren't at 100% percent activity. Go. Return here tomorrow"

"I'll try. Thanks, and see you guys later."

"Rest well."

"See ya later kid!"

Jaune leaves the area, seeing Ratha playing with the young Stygian Thunderlord. He pins the little one down, and nudges it with his snout. The little pup yelps with joy, and bounds around the larger Wyvern. Blast notices Jaune returning and stands up, and picks up the little Stygian Thunderlord by the scruff of its neck. He then gently puts him in the saddle pouch. He then crouches down and let's Jaune mount him. They then take off, soaring back to Beacon.

     They arrive an hour later, touching down as the sun begins to set. He dismounts and guides Ratha to the stables, and releases the baby Dracolord to go play with the other hatchlings.

"Well buddy. We have a long few days."

      Jaune then leaves the stables as Blast lies down in his bed, but is soon swamped by several hatchlings, while the larger dragons sleep. He huffs and plays with them. Meanwhile Jaune is getting ready for bed, and pulls of his shirt and stares in the mirror. His wounds from previous battles as healed, but the Deviljho fang wound was much more gruesome, due the severely acidic saliva.

      He trails his index finger against the "rim" of the puncture scar. He sighs and rubs the Nargacuga spine wound. And the scar from the Nightshade Paolumu bite. The scars from the Ursa Major he got while training with Blade. All these whip training to be the best hero he could be. He smiles. They hurt then, but now they're a good reflection on how far he'd come. He yawns and puts on his bunny pajamas, and slips into bed, the baby Fatalis, whom they called Spaghetti, leaps onto the bed and curls up on his chest. Jaune strokes his horns, and slowly drifts off to sleep.

The next day

It was Jaune's class and students were excitedly filing in.

"Okay everyone! Today, we'll be learning about... the Rajang."

"Okay. That's about it. Yang, keep those in mind when your fighting with Bang. He's an incredibly strong monster, but like everyone else, he has his weaknesses."

Yang nods slowly, not meeting his eye. He smiles and packs up.

"Oh. And for homework, I'd like you guys to try and come up with subspecies and explain how they evolved."

The class cheers. And interesting assignment for once!

"And next class, we're studying the Rajang's common rival, the Deviljho! And I'll be giving proper, but basic, hunting gear."

More cheering. Jaune chuckles, and pack away his presentation. He slings his bag over his shoulder, and leaves the room. He enters his room, and spots a pile of burning people. He turns to Spaghetti, who stares at him innocently.

"Spaget. Is that team CRDL?"

The baby world ending dragon squeaks.

"Did they try to steal my Charge Blade?"

The baby nods.

"Good boy. Now, let's dump them outside, and call the infirmary."

The baby dragon helps Jaune drag out the charred asshoels, before they slam the door shut.