Chapter 5: Fighting Arelis

*Clang!*

"Woah!"

*Thud*

"Oof!"

Melody falls on her butt, panting. Jaune stands above her, holding his Charge Blade in its Sword Mode. He sheathes it and goes to pick up Crocea Mors, having disarmed Melody with a special maneuver. He picks it up and hands it back to Melody. He hoists her up and dusts her off.

"You okay? Hope I didn't hit you too hard."

"Nah! I'm fine! Thanks for helping me train, big bro."

"No problem!"

He watches as she leaves. But scowls as Arelis enters soon after. He stands up and draws his Royal Charge Blade. They stand at opposite ends of the arena. Students who were enjoying their weekend notice the two and start to gather in the stands placing bets. Many were against Jaune, so they put their bets on Arelis. Glynda arrives. She raises her riding crop, and whips it downwards.

"Begin!"

Arelis charges with her lance and jabs straight at Jaune's chest, but he raises his shield. A shower of spark deflects the attack, and he attacks with his sword, taking a minor chunk out of her aura. He jumps back, and blocks another blow. Back and forth, Jaune slowly chipping away at her aura, while losing small chunks to her occasionally successful hit. When her aura reaches half, he thinks to himself.

"Now!"

       The shield suddenly glows red. A series of small hisses, and he slams his sword into the shield, making a massive blade. The shield spreads apart, and a massive golden dust energy blade forms.

 The shield spreads apart, and a massive golden dust energy blade forms

(Imagine it's golden)

      He swings it, decimating Arelis's Aura and sending her flying back. Now in the red, she tries to stand up, but collapses, using her lance to support herself.

"Match goes to Jaune Arc!"

She shakily whispers to Jaune.

"How?"

"Training."

He pull off his armor and shirt, revealing the scars. Two massive scars carve across his chest. Several smaller ones dotted his back like Morse Code. A massive one goes down from his right shoulder to his waist. He slips his shirt and his armor back on, before silently leaving the arena.