Chapter 13: Looming Evil

[Black Eagle won]

Jaune is over looking a new schematic for a Charge Blade. He writes something down and erases something else. He yawns and stretches, several bones popping as he does so. He stands up and gets into some exercise clothes. He picks up his Charge Blade and puts on his back. He then leaves his dorm, and jogs through through the halls, soon exiting the massive school. He jogs around back, and enters his new forge.

He enters the forge, and and picks ups a large pouch. He pulls out some of Nargacuga's material. He then moves to another pouch, which contained the fur and parts of another monster, Nightshade Paolumu. He had captured one a few days ago, and had a lot of fur and other parts.

"Alright! Let's get to work!"

He puts on an apron, and begins his work. He hammers, welds, sharpen and molds. But suddenly, he hears someone knock on the forge door.

"Come in!"

Ruby pushes the door open, and fans herself.

"Phew! It's hot in here!"

"It's a forge, what do you expect?"

"You improving your Charge Blade?"

"Yep! I'm calling it Black Eagle! You here to improve your Bowgun as well?"

"Yup! And I'd also like a new weapon!"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I want Crescent Rose to be able to damage monsters. What would I need?"

"Hmm. I think I would need some High Rank Metals. You'd find some near Mount Glenn. Take Racer."

"I was planning too! See you later!"

       She leaves behind her Bowgun for an upgrade. Jaune smiles, and adds the last few things to the Black Eagle. He stretches, and picks up his new Charge Blade. He gets into his new armor, which he forged from the hundreds of spare parts that Gold Nugget (baby Sky Emperor) and Solar Flare (adult Sky Emperor) shed weekly. He smiles, and observes his new armor. Time to test it out on some Grimm.

      He whistles, and Blast flies into view. He touches down and Jaune mounts him. They fly into the Emerald forest, and start to slaughter Grimm. The Grimm do nothing to his new armor. But suddenly something lands on Jaune's face. He pulls it off and his eyes widen in absolute shock.

 He pulls it off and his eyes widen in absolute shock

A baby fatalis. It purrs at him, but suddenly it's head swivels around and it growls. Jaune looks and spots people moving through the brush. He scopes when they step into the light. Ada Taurus and a few White Fang soldiers.

"Jaune. The boy who became the first monster rider in a hundred years. I would like this to go down without fighting, as I respect you."

"Seriously? You? Respect me, a human?"