Chapter 3: Familial Clash

Jaune was sitting in the middle of Beacon courtyard, gently scrubbing Blast's scales. He used a special solution that Peach made to clean Blast's scales. Blast especially likes it when one scrubs his crest, as he is very proud of it. So, Jaune is scrubbing his crest, with his head resting on his lap. Blast suddenly jerks his head up.

"What is it big guy?"

       He looks up, and almost died of a heart attack. Descending towards a landing platform, was an Arc Bullhead. He immediately begins to pack up the cleaning supplies. He hangs the cleaning supplies on one of the handles of and mounts Blast. But before he can, someone calls his name.

"Jaune!"

       Jaune cringes, before slowly turning Blast around, to see his sisters and parents. Blast growls, embers exiting form his mouth between his teeth, his eye glaring at Jaune's father. Jaune carefully grabs the hoot of his new weapon, which he called a Charge Blade, as he stares nervously at his family.

"Jaune... what's that?"

"This is my Monstie Blast. Try and hurt him, and we'll both hurt you tenfold."

"You dare talk like that to your sister?!"

"She's not my sister! None of you are my family! You disowned me, remember?! So I can threaten her all I want."

"Shut up, wench!"

       Jaune's father immediately regrets saying that, as Blast suddenly rushes his towards him, talons outstretched. They slam him into the ground and pin him to the ground. He snaps his mouth open and roars as loud as he can. He gets off the man and leaps backwards.

"Says the man who went down from a something smaller than a Deathstalker, yet he's said to be able lift one like a feather. So shut your mouth."

     Blast growls, before he spreads his wings and they take off, leaving a large gust of wind behind, and mixed reactions form his family.

Timeskip

"Jaune, to Headmistresses office please."

     Jaune sighs, his head resting again the wall of his dorm. He picks up Blade, and tucks him into his bag. He hoists it over his shoulder, and straps his Royal Charge Blade to his back, and walks out. He passes groups of students, who stare at the young Monstie, who was sticking his head out of the bag, looking at passerby and observing the halls around him. He occasionally lets out a cloud of embers at people, making them jump, much to his amusement. They reach the elevator. As soon as they do, Blade growls, sniffing the air.

"I know little guy. Not thrilled either."

Blade snorts a puff of smoke. Jaune sighs and presses the elevator button. With a pleasant ding, despite the bitter meeting he was about to have, the elevator opens, and Jaune reluctantly steps through. He sighs, gently stroking Blade's head, causing the young Monstie to purr. As soon as the door opens, something is directly at him. He catches and chucks it right back, smacking his father full force in the forehead.

"I expected that, you old geezer."

Jaune's father glares at him. Blade squirms out of the bag and darts towards Jaune, and leaps up and slams the flat end of his tail, after heating it up with his fire breath. Jaune's father howls in pain, and the little baby drops to the ground once again. He then spins around again, and smack the man in the face once again with the flat end of his tail, before sharply stabbing his hands. He runs back to Jaune and hides in his bag. Jaune chuckles, before sitting down on of the chairs, casually giving bits of jerky to the little one.

"So tell me, what do you want from me?"

"We wanted to check on you."

"Like you care! You didn't even bat an eye when he disowned me, so why do you suddenly care now! You're daughters no longer care about me, and no one here will even smile at me! I've trained like hell until this point, just to prove you wrong. And look what I got from it."