Chapter 10: The Sky Comet Dragons

Jaune glares at the new brute wyvern. The blighted Deviljho glares back, before rearing up and roaring again. It then charges at them. Blast and Blade charge to meet it. When they collide, Blade violently slashes at its face, covering it with purple scratches. It seems to ignore it, before a bladed tail slashes it across the face, blinding one of its eyes. It roars in agony, before it clamps its jaws on Blade's tail, and throws him into Blast.

     Both crash into the ground, and it stomps towards them, before something slashes at its wounded eye. It roars, backing up a bit, before turning around to see Jaune run up to it again and slash at its legs. It growls and stomps, which causes the young rider to stumble. It then swings its tail, sending his flying into the air. It then catches him midair, with a sickening crunch, crushes some of his armor. Jaune screams in pain as one of its fangs digs into his side. It then throws him into the side of a building. It then slowly stomps towards him. Then something blasts it in the face. It turns around, before spotting Ruby and Scarlet.

"Get away from him, you overgrown pickle!"

      It roars in fury, but soon gets a mouthful of explosive ammo. The charges explode, causing several of its teeth to get blown out of its mouth. It rear upwards, before collapsing on its side. Ruby then insert the Special Ammo. She aims carefully, before unleashing a hail of powerful bullets, which explode as they connect with the Deviljho's hide it roars in pain, and tries to get up, before Scarlet leaps on its side, and begins to violently stab its side.

"Keep going Scarlet!"

      Scarlet roars in response, and continues to violently stab the brute wyvern. Once Ruby's Special Ammo runs out, she starts to takes out a Wyvernsnipe. She lies down and carefully aims as Scarlet leaps off the Violent Wyvern. As stands up, and turns to face Ruby, it rears up and roars, and its muscles bulging and skin ripping, as it enters its enraged state. It then charges at Ruby. She then pulls the trigger.

     The nozzle of her Bowgun begins to glow purple, before emitting a purple flame like energy. As it condenses, it turns orange, before it fire a bolt of pure energy. The shot rips through the air, before going down the Deviljho's throat. It stops it's charge and starts spasm, before its stomach area lights up several times, and it starts to violently retch up bile.  It then recoils, its side heaving. Gaps in its muscle start to flare with dragon energy, before a massive surge surrounds its head and neck. It roars, a roar so loud that the ground shakes. Jaune stands up, clutching his side.

"Did it just go... Savage? This... shouldn't be possible. Unless... the Black Blight powered it up... Will this happen to other Monsters?"

The now blighted Savage Deviljho roars. Jaune and Ruby's Kinship Storms begin to glow.

"Someone... stop this."

      High above them, two creatures fly at supersonic speeds. The same species, except one was larger, and had a more golden like coloration, in contrast to the gleaming silver of its companion. The two circle each other, their trident shape wings acting as jet engines. They then plunge downwards, descending towards the city. The golden expels several blue projectiles, which follow it as it descends. The creature twists slightly, aligning its trajectory towards the Savage Deviljho. It then speeds up, just when it's about to slam into the brute wyvern, it pulls up suddenly.

      The projectiles that followed the golden dragon like beast continue towards Deviljho, before they explode with extreme force. The Deviljho roars in agony, before it steadies itself and turns watching as the two dragons land in front of it. They roar, before the dragon turn their wings towards the Savage Deviljho. The openings glow, before a volley of the missile like projectiles is fires from their wings.

     The Savage Deviljho doesn't have time to react before the volley explodes against it. The explosions muffle it roar of pain. It rears back, before collapsing, the life fading from its eyes. The dragon rear their heads back and roar in victory. They then turn the weak and injured (in Jaune's case) Riders.

"Valstrax."

     The golden slowly walks forward, before bowing its head to Jaune. The silver does the same to Ruby. Their Kinship stones glow in response.

"Hey Jaune, does that mean..."

"They've accepted us as their riders."

     The dragons nod, before the silver one picks up the two Riders and puts them on its back. The other, the golden one, picks up the tired and injured monsties. The two then take off, and they fly towards Beacon Academy. They touch down on the Bullhead landing pads. Ozpina is standing there, staring as the sleek elder dragons touch down.

"Amazing. Never in my life have I ever seen the legendary Valstrax. But I've never seen a golden one before. Perhaps it's a Deviant. What should we call it then?"

"How about Sky Emperor Valstrax?"

"Hhmmmm... yes, that sounds fine. It could be called the Aurum Comet."

"Ha. Very creative."

"Shush."

    The newly named Sky Emperor Valstrax raises its head, before roaring in victory. Jaune dismounts before turning to the S.E.V.

"Thanks for helping us... don't suppose you could help us a little more, and not let any bad people get their hands on those two monster corpses back there?"

      The two dragons nod, before blasting off again. Less than a minute later, they fly overhead, before dropping the corpses of the Brachydios and the Deviljho near the finished Monstie stables. They land next to the corpses, and drag them inside. They don't emerge. Inside, they have curled up next to each other, the golden one nestling against the other, as the silver on nudges its stomach. Outside, Jaune then collapses to his knees, and Olivia finally notices his wounds.

"Get him to the Infirmary! Quickly!"

"Right!"

Ruby hoists Jaune over her shoulder, and speeds off.

(So what do you think of Sky Emperor Valstrax? I came up with it myself. Basically, it's just a larger Valstrax with golden scales and blue dragon energy. Although it's very rare, it can inflict Iceblight, using smaller jets that are tucked in between its wings. I'm still working on drawing it out, but it'll be done soon. I'm also still thinking about how it works, but I'll try and finish as soon as possible!)