Chapter 11: Forecast: Expect Baby Missile Dragons

Jaune lies calmly on the infirmary bed, bandages around his torso and right arm. He stares out the window. A gentle knock disturbs his day dreaming. He sits up, wincing slightly.

"Come in!"

Ruby blasts through the door, panting.

"We've got a big problem! Atlas Military is here. And they want the Valstax!"

"Hell no!"

          Jaune jumps out of the bed, pick up his clothes, loses the curtain, quickly changes, and then exits quickly. He then hurriedly follows Ruby, and soon arrives at the stables, Atlas soldiers surround the stables. One tries to stop Jaune, but he just slugs them across the face. He bursts through the doors, seeing Ozpina arguing with Ironwood.

"You have no right to take them! The council has allowed the young man to take care of these creatures, and you cannot take them!"

"And you're going to allow a boy who faked his way into your school to take care of them?! I heard from your students that these... Elder Dragons are incredibly powerful. Think, Ozpina! Think of the possibilities if we unlock the secret of these creatures."

"But that's just it, Ironwood! These aren't idiotic creatures. They aren't mindless like the Grimm! They care for their Riders and the other Monsties that live with them."

"But they're dangerous! Listen to reason Ozpina! We can keep them safe, out of the way! We can study them, and grow stronger!"

"And if I remember correctly, you lost a Paladin, a fucking Paladin, to the White Fang before they were even put into action!"

Ironwood turns around, and glares at Jaune.

"Stay out of this Jaune. This doesn't concern you."

"Actually, it does fucking concern me. These are creatures I've built a small bond with, and I intend to strengthen that bond. And if you think I'm going to let some General with ego problems and a superiority complex get in the way of that, you got another thing coming!"

"You dare?! The soldiers outside have had more training than you ever had, and ever will have!"

"I didn't see soldiers out there, I only saw cowards with guns."

     Ironwood whips out his pistol, but Jaune smacks it out of his hand, and once it hits the floor, cruches it underfoot. He then grabs Ironwoods right arm. To everyone's shock, the metallic prosthetic slowly creaks, before being crushed. Jaune then tosses the limp half he had broken off, before literally putting his forehead against Ironwood.

"Now, listen here, you old bag of metallic bones. None of those shitty cowards you call soldiers know how to kill a monster, none have any weapons that can harm, or even kill them, nor do they have the proper defenses. Take away the things that the Atlas Military depends on most, Dust and its machines, what do you get? Bunch. Of. Fucking. Cowards. Now, you're gonna leave my buddies alone, you're gonna get back onto your shitty machine, and you're not gonna touch these guys."

      Ironwood nods frantically, before running past him and out the door. Jaune stands by the door as the Bullheads and Airships lift off. He glares at them. But is soon nudged from behind by a large snout. The S.E.V stands behind him, before turning around. It walks to the corner of the stables the two had settled in. Nestled in the corner, are seven large eggs. Six have silver with red tiger stripes, while one egg was golden with blue tiger stripes.

"So, the next generation of Sky Emperor is coming. When are they due?"

As if on cue, the eggs begins to shake and glow. Jaune gasps and steps back.

"Get down!"

       The eggs explode, sending small missile dragon babies flying through the air. The two proud parents watch as the babies blast through the roof, of ricochet off the rafters, and knock over water troughs. One lands safely in a water trough, another in a hay pile, another hangs form the rafters like an early Christmas ornament. Another had plowed a trench through the ground, but was without a scratch. But the three others had shot through the roof. Jaune rushes out, watching as Ruby catches one, and Glynda come out of nowhere and save the other. The baby Sky Emperor had disappeared on the other side of the school. Jaune rushes to the front. Once he arrives, he sees Velvet clutching the baby as team CRDL surrounded them.

"Now, bunny, give us the dragon and we won't hurt you."

"No! You'll just abuse it, hurt it, and make its life miserable!"

"Then looks like we'll pummel you until we get it."

"That's not happening!"

       Cardin turns around, only to get a punch to the gut so hard, he coughs up blood. He flies through a tree, leaving it in a pile of splinters. Jaune glares at the rest. Russel tried to jump him, but he side steps and slams his head into the ground, before grabbing Dove's fist, and knees him in the gut repeatedly. He then turns to Sky, who turns and flees. He then helps  Velvet up, and dusts her off.

"Thanks for protecting the little guy. I'm gonna return it to it's parents. Thanks again."

Velvet blushes.

"N-n-no problem! I couldn't let them get away with it."

"Okay. If they bother you again, tell me, and I'll whoop their asses all over again."

Jaune rushes back, and gently nestles the baby Sky Emperor with it's siblings. He kisses its forehead.

"Good night little emperor."

He then stands up, and leaves the proud parents behind with their brood of Elder Dragons. He heads back to his dorm, turns off his lights, and sits at his desks. He then turns on the light, and opens the Encyclopedia.

"Note: Be very careful with Valstrax eggs. Tend to explode with a small boom. Hatchlings might hatch using their wings as boosters to break through their shell. Research still needed. Will need to wait until next red moon."

      Jaune then closes the book, and slips it into his special drawer, where the lock can only be activated with a Kinship Stone, and a special verse.

(P.s need name for the two Valstax and their babies. First seven will be voted. One name per comment. No loopholes suckers!)