Chapter 4: Minor Forgiveness, and a monstie for Melody

Jaune sits down at his desk, trying gin his chair to face his teammates.

"So you want me to forgive. I might, give me time to think about it."

"But-"

"Nora. Drop it."

"I'll forgive you in the fact that you shunned me, but me calling you, "friends" or "teammates"... will have to come later."

They nod solemnly. They stand up and leave. Soon after, another knock is heard. Groaning again, Jaune stands up, walks to the door and opens it. There stands Melody, looking nervous with Crocea Mors strapped to her back.

"Hey Melody."

"H-hi big bro. Can I come in?"

"Sure. Anything for my little sister."

He steps back, allowing her to step into his dorm. She walks in and marvels at Blast, who stares curiously at the 10 year old. Jaune crouches down next to his sister.

"Go say hi. He won't hurt ya."

Melody cautiously walks up to the large Monstie. He lays down, and closes his eyes, allowing her to pet him. She gently strokes his nose, causing him to start to purr. Melody giggles and hugs his head, causing him to raise it. He notices she's hugging him, and gently lowers his head again.

"He's a big softie!"

"He is. Sorry for his fierce demonstration earlier. He doesn't like it when I get insulted."

"It's okay!"

"You want one?"

"I-I can have one?"

"I mean not really a Rathalos. A different Monstie."

"Yeah!"

"Let's go. Hop on."

He mounts Blast, who stand up. He hoists his sister up behind him. The runway extends, and the walls open, allowing Blast to take off. They glide through the air, before turning and diving downwards, into the waterfall.

They burst through the other side, into the cave hidden behind it. They glide, and soon the cave opens up into a massive cave. At the center is a massive crystal. Melody's eyes widen in awe, looking at the smaller crystals.

      They walk to the crystals in the back area of the cave and Jaune carefully sits informs of it

      They walk to the crystals in the back area of the cave and Jaune carefully sits informs of it. He gestures for Melody to approach. They both sit incident of it. A bright glow come from one of the crystals, and Jaune stands again. He gently reaches out, and snaps off a piece of one of the crystals. It shimmers green. He raises his Kinship Stone, and the cracked area smoothed over.

"C'mon lets go."

      But before they mount Blast, they here something fall. A small screech, like that of an infant creature. Melody goes to check it out. Something pounces on her, and starts to lick her face.

      The little creature gets off of her and sits down, it's head tilted slightly with curiosity

      The little creature gets off of her and sits down, it's head tilted slightly with curiosity. Jaune helps her up, laughing. Melody pouts, her face covered with slobber.

"It's not funny!"

"Sorry."

       But suddenly the green crystal they had extracted starts to glow. Jaune slowly hands it to Melody, and she holds it above her head. The baby Monstie crawls closer and nuzzles into her chest. She hugs it.

"Guess the little gals yours now."

"How can you tell it's a girl?"

"Simple. She's bigger."

"Oh."

      Then they mount Blast and take off, the little creature snuggling into Melody's arms. They soar into the cave and back out through the waterfall. They land, and they dismount. Melody rushes off to play with her new friend. Jaune plucks the crystal out of her pocket as she passes, and gets to work, creating the amulet. The green gem shines, and he turns around.

"Mel!"

"Yeah?"

"Catch."

He tosses it over to her. She catches it and slips it on. Her eyes shine with awe. She shows it off to the Monstie, which licks the gem. A harsh knock interrupts them. Jaune growls, and goes to open it. He opens it to see his father. The two glare at each other. Melody hides behind Blast, quivering.

"Jaune."

"William."

"I'm here for Melody."

"I'm here father."

She walks up, the baby Monstie following.

"Melody... What is that thing?"

"It's my Monstie."

"Get rid of it. We did not come here for you to join this cult of lunatics."

"Lunatics?! Says the guy who would rather disown his son, than ruin his perfect family image, which he married into!"

"Silence! Melody! Leave that beast or you'll end up like your brother."

"I... don't want to."

"What did you say?"

"I don't want to!! You guys were so mean to Jaune! He is so nice, and kind and supportive! He helped me find my first friend, but you kept me away from other people, alone! He was there for me, while you guys were all busy being important people! I want to stay with him cause he's my big brother!"

     William rushes forward and harshly grabs Melody. He then slaps her. He then prepares to do it again, before claws slam him into the ground. The claws rip through his aura and pierce his skin. His flesh feels like it burning. He starts to scream in spin. Gnashing his teeth, Blaze tries to attack again, only to be held back by Jaune.

      Jaune gently rubs Melody's face, giving her a Potion. He then stands up and then forcefully makes his father take an Antidote. He then drags his paralyzed father up to Ozpina's office. He throws him onto the floor.

"Headmistess, I'd like  to accuse this man of child abuse."

"Do you have proof?"

"Yep!"

      Jaune pulls his scroll out from his pocket. He taps an app, and opens it, showing live video footage of his room. He presses another button, and the feed rewinds, showing William slapping Melody. Ozpina's gaze hardens. She glares with disgust at the paralyzed man. She raises her scroll, and dials the police.

"Yes. There's been some child abuse by one of their parents here. Yes. Alright."

Time skip

      William struggles against the police, spitting curses and foul language at Jaune, who watches with a smug grin. Melody hugs her brother, before rushing back to the rest of the family. Jaune smiles, before turning and leaving.