Chapter 57

Namjoon had proceeded to drink more when he left their room. He sat in the bar downstairs and continued to drown himself in a bottle of whiskey. The more he drank the more he convinced himself that he was doing the right thing. He would later disagree with himself when he woke up in the morning with a headache.
"Fuuuuck." He groaned as he opened his eyes, twisting to lay on his back so that he was facing away from the light in the room.

His temples thumbed in a strong headache, and he felt it all the way to his forehead, his eye lids heavy at the cost. God he hated hangovers. He took a moment to look at room as his brain raked with memories of the previous night. He was in one of the bedrooms, probably plopped here after drinking too much.

He remembered lashing; trashing the living room, bruising his knuckles, and talking to Seokjin. Jin. He sat quickly at the thought of his mate, a groan leaving his mouth as his head ached painfully.

"Shit what did I do?" He said when he finally arranged his memories. 'i can't stand it, I can't stand you suffering anymore."
" Truth is that I would rather have you apart from me than have you suffering in this manner with me."

Namjoon realized quickly that he had let his fears speak rather than his actual thoughts. He had caved under pressure and gave in to the pain, admitting defeat and letting go.

He didn't mean it.

He didn't want Seokjin away from him. Was he scared of causing him more harm? Yes. But he was sure he could fix that, he was sure with a little more push he could have gotten them back.

It's just that yesterday had been a lot, he had been so angry at Hoseok and the thought of him with Seokjin, that he took out his anger rather stupidly. He had ended up accusing his omega of something, then proceeded to drive him away in his drunken stupor.

"Fuck! fuck!" He muttered again, gathering his strength and leaving the bright room to look for his mate. It was probably midday or afternoon, and he rushed to the other side of the long hall, where their room was, opening the door. The omega wasn't in bed like he would be at a time like this. The bed was nicely made, the room clean as it always was.

Namjoon got in, checking the bathroom, closet, and the balcony. But the omega was not in sight. He proceeded downstairs to check the kitchen and the rather still torn leaving room, but the omega wasn't anywhere. Namjoon panicked.

"Please, not this again." He recited to himself as he checked every room and the whole home in general. Seokjin wasn't anywhere in sight, and Namjoon couldn't see how he had left, since all the cars were still in. So he called security at the entrance of the home.

'He left earlier in the day sir. He left in a cab. ' That was the response he got, and he sat down in the now dented couch, his breath leaving him at the thought of what that could have meant. Did he really go? Did he really leave?

The next ten minutes were spent searching for his phone while he cursed himself at what he had done. When he got the device, his finger hovered over the call button as he debated on whether he wanted to do that really.

What if Jin really wanted to leave? what if he really needed more time before he was ready? Was he ever going to be ready? Was Namjoon going to go back on what he said last night? Was he going to take it from him?

Namjoon knew Jin was a grown person, and knew what he was doing. He didn't want to overreact like he had done last night, and say things that he didn't intend, so he sent a short message instead. Asking Jin if they could talk, and asking the omega to take care of himself.

It went unanswered, but Namjoon saw that it was read, he was tempted to ask where he was, but he resisted, not wanting to push too much. He then tried to clean up his mess, since the help weren't in today. He collected the broken furniture, the torn pillows, and the broken glass. For sure they would need new fittings for the living and the dining room, new window panes, and a repaint of their walls. Namjoon didn't even know it was this serious, he thought he had only thrown a pillow or two, maybe broke the coffee table too, but not all this.