Chapter 65

"Congratulations on your engagement Namjoon, I wish you the best."

"Thank you so much, and thank you for coming. Have a good night." Namjoon said to the lasts of guests living the party. It was almost midnight, and the backyard had cleared, except for very few, and the help that were cleaning up from the night. Namjoon didn't want Seokjin tiring himself further after the busy night, so he stood by the door instead, seeing their family and friends out.

He rolled his eyes internally when the last guest came over by the backyard door, ready to leave.

"Kim."

"Jung." Namjoon sput back, glaring at the beta who was putting on his coat, a smirk resting on his face. They hadn't talked much after the fight, more like didn't want to. It wasn't like they were close or talked on daily basis before anyway. But this event had required their cooperation, and they had to put aside every misunderstanding for the omega. Even if Namjoon didn't want to.

"Thank you for coming."

"We both know you would have rather I be absent." Hoseok said, hands going into his pockets. Namjoon tilted his head with a shrug, "Your not wrong, but Jin needed you to be apart of his day. I guess that made him happy." They both turned to the omega, seated by the table alone now, scuffing down a chunk of cake, probably his third serving of the dessert. He looked too gone to even notice the world around him. The sugar seemingly more important than anything at the moment.

"Indeed he is." Hoseok amused, a smile stretching on his lips at the sight. "Am not in love with him." He told the alpha before him when he sensed eyes on glaring at him. "I find that hard to believe." Namjoon answered, eyes threatening to shift at the thought alone.

Hoseok only chuckled at the other, moving past him to stand at the door instead. "That's up to you Kim. I have done my part of telling you, even when I didn't have to. I don't care if you believe it or not." The beta didn't wait for a rebuttal as he pushed open the doors and left.

It made Namjoon wonder if it was true. Regardless he felt like nobody was allowed to touch his omega, or call him pet names. Best friend or not. Apart of him wasn't so sorry he had given the beta a beating, he felt like it was deserve for that moment. So he only shrugged, not wanting to to think deeper about it, especially with the Hoseok having made it clear where he stood.

He walked back to the yard, the omega now sitting back on a chair with a pout. He cried as soon as he saw Namjoon.

"I am fat." He announced with tears lingering in his eyes.

"That's not true. You look perfect."  Namjoon said bringing the omega into his arms. "No I don't, I ate half the upper deck. Now am fat." The omega pouted once more, hands resting around the alpha's neck while Namjoon held at his waist.

The alpha intrigued by that, turned to the cart beside them to be met with the more than half eaten upper deck. He couldn't help the amused grin that formed on his lips as he looked back at the omega. "You think am fat too." Seokjin gasped hitting at his chest. Namjoon only laughed, bringing the whining omega impossibly closer to him. He pressed them together kissing him.

"I have told you I don't care about how you look. You'll always be beautiful to me. Fat or not. Pregnant or not." He said, the omega blushing at the confession. It wasn't the first time Namjoon had assured him when he felt insecure about his body, and he knew it wouldn't be the last. He was bound to feel some type of way with the changes that his expectant self was going through. And it made him glad that Namjoon was always around to tell him otherwise.

"Thank you for today. For everything." Seokjin said, momentarily looking at his ring. Namjoon brought up that hand kissing his knuckles. "No. Thank you. For everything, I love you." He stated seriously. Seokjin smiled, a thought coming to mind. "Ok, but I saw that jeep wrangler you sneaked into the shed earlier. Was that for me?"