Chapter 18

Namjoon glanced over to the full hall once more, nicely decorated tables and well painted walls covered the space, groups of chandeliers lit the room, hanging over rich wealthy individuals, dressed in expensive suits and designer dresses, everyone looked elegant, yet Namjoon couldn't take his eyes off one omega, he felt drawn to him, even from across the room where Seokjin stood, dressed in a blue velvety suit, his hair was back to black, parted down in the middle to show his forehead. Breathtaking.

The team had collected a couple of awards earlier in the evening, and now the floor was open to socialize and make new ties. They were separated immediately, the omega whisked away by another group, eager to start a conversation with the top marketing officer. Namjoon wasn't worried though, he knew seokjin had pledged loyalty to him and his company, nobody was going to steal him away anytime soon.

What he was worried about was the alpha next to him every step, he wasn't sure what organization he was from but he was on the Omega's tail all night, at first it looked like nothing, just a fellow businessman interacting with another, but now Namjoon wasn't so sure, the guy had his hand lightly on Seokjin shoulder, occasionally moving it to his arm and back.

Irene and kihyun left earlier with the awards, and from where he stood he could make out Hoseok in a group in the other end of the room, he seemed worried, glancing over to Seokjin repeatedly, but otherwise still cornered like Namjoon.

It even bothered him further how oblivious the omega was, laughing and smiling away to the conversation among them. Namjoon wanted to storm there and kiss him, mark him, and tell the whole crowd that the omega was taken, that he was his, but he couldn't, the one thing Seokjin had asked was to keep the public out of their relationship, it was inevitable that they would find out, but in the mean time he wanted nobody in their business, and Namjoon had promised, and he was going to keep it.

The omega looked back, meeting Namjoon's eyes, he smiled, a full smile, alerting the alpha that he was fine, Seokjin could see the worry etched on Namjoon's eyebrows, and the little attention he paid to his counterparts. He was honestly getting tired of the "nice" praises himself and not so subtle invites to other companies, god, most of them were trying to butter him to see other opportunities, like the guy next to him, he'd been around him all night, Seokjin knew what he was trying to do, he knew a desperate one when he saw one. After all, he'd met Namjoon at one of this, except the alpha wasn't desperate, he wasn't beating around the bush either, simply gave a compliment and expressed his desire for the others skill in his company, it was short, yet elaborate. He hated all this going around, the guy acting like they were friends, or colleagues.

He waited for bit, before excusing himself, he walked out desperate for fresh air. He wanted to leave already, be somewhere else other than the event for the rest of the night.

He settled for the back door, the front ones too crowded, he leaned back on a wall closing his eyes and breathing in deeply, god he needed that.

He felt himself relaxing at the breeze, he could stay there for the rest of night, but he didn't want to leave Hoseok and Namjoon behind. Mostly the alpha though, he craved Namjoon for some weird reason. He wanted him close to him a lot times, especially tonight.

The few days they had been together was a little taxing, he wanted Namjoon to touch him more, kiss him more, but the alpha had laid off intimacy since that make out in his office the other day, and seokjin was too chicken to initiate anything.

He took another deep breath feeling a presence next to him, but it wasn't Namjoon, or hoseok, he'd smelled that scent before.
He opened his eyes slowly meeting a certain blond, one he wasn't so buddy with, leaning sideways on the wall, his shoulder the anchor as he faced Seokjin, that usual annoying smirk on his face present.