Chapter 44

Jimin ran out of the club, and out of the street aligned with clubs. He needed a breather, maybe someone to pinch him and wake him up from all this. His chest hurt from all the running and the choke of his emotions. His tears added to the mix had him a wheezing mess. He leaned against a small tree, sliding down by the side and clamping a hand to his chest to slow his breathing.

It didn't work.

His hands went to his head instead pulling roughly at the strands while sobbing. He didn't even know what exactly to think. About his parents that he had not seen in more than a decade, or that they could be possibly alive, or that yoongi knew all of this.

The alpha didn't look like he was lying, not that jimin would know if the older was, he just felt it, how he spoke those words with so much conviction. That scared him, the fact that yoongi would find out a positive outcome, different from the other sources that he had contacted to search for his fathers. The hope that was starting to creep in his heart scared him too, he didn't want to embrace it and be shattered when it turned out to be a lie.

He sat by the tree, wiping his tears and trying to get his breathing under control once more. He didn't care if people looked at him weirdly, he had gotten way worse. His apartment was a few blocks from where he was, he needed to go lay down and maybe think properly in the confines of his room. Fuck work.

He looked ahead to see a group of boys he knew so well coming his direction, all loud and rowdy like always . Jimin cursed getting up, he couldn't do this now. He was sure the others had seen him under the brightly lit place. "Mid life crisis?" One of them muttered as they got to him. Jimin rolled his eyes, walking the other direction.

"He asked you a question." Mathew, his ex boyfriend roared getting all up in his face. The huge boy had his hands in his hoodie that was also over his head, eyes purely red. Stoned out of their. Jimin had dealt with this enough, he didn't have time for anymore from this psycho.

"What do you want BM." Jimin inquired, he just needed anything but this. "My money." "I don't owe you shit, you stole from me enough, aren't you satisfied already?" A hand was wrapped around his throat, without pressure, just sitting as a reminder. "Your lucky I still like you after all the shit you've pulled on me, otherwise you would have gotten yourself a lesson." Jimin wanted to spit in his face even if he would get a beating like he always did.

"Let him go." A voice had the three of them turning except for jimin who had seen yoongi coming. The alpha must have followed him from the club. "Oh and who is our hero today?" One of the three said eying yoongi. "I'll let you live if you let him go now." The alpha said calmly.

BM and his group of friends chuckled before the smirk fell of his face and he tightened his hand around Jimin's throat daring yoongi. Jimin screamed closing his eyes as blows were thrown. Himself he nudged his knee over BM's pelvis, prompting the other to let go with a groan. Jimin fell to the ground in a fit of coughs, watching as yoongi wrestled the two. BM was out of his sight as yoongi knocked the other two unconscious.

He made to get up but his ex boyfriend appeared from the shadows, looming with a log over yoongi's head. He didn't have time to scream as the log came down on the alpha's head making a painful sound. Yoongi groaned hitting the pavement, while BM ran away. Coward.

He rushed to the alpha's side, crouching down, he held yoongi delicately, the alpha hissing when his head was moved."Does it hurt?" Jimin asked the stupid question, smiling lightly when the alpha glared at him. "Not at all, am just laying here because I want to." Yoongi said sitting up. Jimin only giggled, a sound yoongi quickly realized was best thing he had ever heard.

"You need an ice pack, and maybe a doctor too" Jimin said when he saw the dribbles of blood on the pavement. Yoongi groaned in agreement before letting his eyes rake the omega. "Are you OK, did he hurt you?" Yoongi asked with concern letting his hand run over the other's neck to inspect any bruises.