Chapter 16

All through lunch Namjoon couldn't fully concentrate, his mother asked him if he was okay a few times because he seemed out of it, and even when he spoke to his dad in regards to the company performance, the back of his head was preoccupied with thoughts of a certain omega.

It troubled him, how the omega took space in his thoughts constantly, he couldn't understand how one taste from him had him hooked, a little desperate too, hell he'd fucked people and couldn't remember them the next day.
Seokjin was different, Namjoon had this underlying need to protect him, to please him despite the omega pushing him away. He knew he cared for the omega before, he wanted him, but after that kiss......after that kiss he wanted more than him, he wanted his body, he wanted his heart, he wanted everything. But it could only work both ways, if the omega didn't feel the same, there was nothing he could do about it.

He believed in first attractions, like he thought he had with Seokjin, but if that was all in his mind, it was time to end whatever was between them, if there was anything to begin with.

So that evening he drove back to work, not wanting to go home to his thoughts, he didn't want to think about being turned down by the omega before they even started.

He had raked his brain for anything that could have pushed Seokjin away, any signs that their dinners and talks over dinners were forced, but he couldn't find a thing, the omega seemed to have enjoyed making out with him just as much, so he decided he would apologize, if maybe he had offended him and missed it.
Their work relationship was important to him, it was crucial for the company too, and it needed to be amended.

Most of his staff had left when he arrived back at the office, the parking lots were empty and most rooms had their lights off. It wasn't anything new to him, he was the most active on nights like these, when his mind tried wondering to other places, and he would check over his reports, sign and authorize documents, he came up with the best ideas too. He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose as he leaned back on his chair. It was almost midnight, again, nothing new.

He picked up his bag decided to call it a night. He walked the hallway passing past the Omega's office to see the door slightly opened the lights still on. 'He was still here. '

He knocked lightly, pushing it open before he could receive any answer. The omega stood by his desk, papers scattered all over the it, files open, and cups of coffee on his other table.
Namjoon held the door slightly open as he took in the room, then the omega.

"Your still here, its late, you should probably go home."

"I know, I just......am trying to dig for anything to save the project, not that its going to fail, I want prove to them that it wasn't a wrong choice to put it out in the market in the first place."

Namjoon walked into the room pushing the door closed behind him.
"I don't think it was wrong choice, I think you already know the answer that will get it market."

Seokjin chuckled lightly, different from his mood earlier. "You think so." He muttered tiredly, he'd taken off his sweater and rolled up his sleeves, he looked tired.

"Yeah you learnt this, if I were you I wouldn't stress about it, I personally think you've done enough, it's your team you need to pressure, but knock yourself out.

"I hope I can do that, the last thing I need is Mrs Kwon on my neck again."

Namjoon chuckled at that prompting the omega to smile. He moved into the room dropping his back in the chair.

"She is the worst honestly, she gave me the hardest time when I took over, she didn't think I would run the company to her expectations, and I didn't, I set out to achieve my goals and expectations only, and I have met more than half my set target. I guess what am trying to say is don't try to please her, she's is insatiable, just do your thing, your best, and you don't have to answer to anyone.....even me.
Namjoon finished, hinting at something else with the last part.