Chapter 49

We all hate hospitals, or at least most of us do. Its gloomy, with depressing coloured walls and gowns of distaste. Its where the smell of death lingers and the reality of suffering is written on people's faces. Namjoon felt the exact same way as he sat in the room. Eyes staring blankly at the dull coloured walls surrounding him.

He believed he was suffering, mostly because he had never felt the things he was feeling at the moment. A whole lot of mixed emotions, laced with pain for sure. Never in his life did Namjoon think he would ever feel like crying. For him shedding tears were meant for other occasions, possibly worse than this, but he couldn't help it today. His eyes wet with every passing ring of the phone in his ear. Every shred of hope was fading as the phone went answered every time he tried.

His whole world was falling apart right before his eyes, and Namjoon had never felt so defenseless. He was losing his omega. He was losing seokjin. "Come on, come on, please pick up." Namjoon begged in a whisper, hoping. But the call went answered one more time.

He threw his head back on the couch in the room, his black hoodie covering his face. His heart broke once again, he could tell the other was ignoring it, or weirdly he hoped he was, simply because he didn't know if the other was safe or not. He hoped Seokjin was least well. He didn't know where he would possibly even start.

"I got it, its done. Your discharged." Jackson, his best friend said as he came into the room. Namjoon stood up immediately, halting when he felt blood rush to his brain, causing his vision to darken. Three days in the hospital and he wasn't well as yet, the doctors had advised to keep him longer but Namjoon had disagreed, wanting to be released the moment he came to few of his senses.

"You good?"

"Yeah, just a little rush."

"Wendy says she's out already." Jackson muttered as he led the way outside the private wing and out back of the building. "Thanks men. Really, I don't know what I would have done without you." Namjoon said as they got out. Adjusting the hood to cover even more of his face.

"Its nothing bro, don't mention it." Jackson patted his back with a small smile. His best friend had been with him all along, not that Namjoon even knew that until he woke up a few hours earlier. Still, Jackson had been with him since the day seulgi had tricked him.

They walked to the car, wendy was waving for them from, Namjoon getting into the front seat and Jackson in the back. He finally loosened his hood letting it fall off his face to reveal his chapped lips, and bloodshot eyes.

Wendy couldn't resist as she flung herself into the other's embrace. "Jesus, I was worried about you." She voiced in a trembly voice, and Namjoon just smiled weakly. "Thank you." He replied as they separated.

Namjoon could see the questions in her eyes as she gazed at him in worry. He wanted answers to those questions too.  "Did you find anything?" Jackson asked from the back. Wendy nodded turning to her seat. "Yeah, um, that guy, yoongi? I think" She said not sure of the name, but Namjoon nodded to let her continue. "He dropped by yesterday to look for Mr Kim, and I told him to check at Mr Jung because he seemed to know something."

"And what did he say?" Namjoon asked eagerly.

"I checked with him this morning and he said Mr. Kim was just under the weather, and he would be back soon." Namjoon let out a relieved shaky breath at the sound of that. He felt like his lungs had gotten full oxygen since he woke up.

It wasn't sure news but at least it was good, there was no reason for Yoongi to lie about being with seokjin, although he knew the wrath that was coming his way from the brother. He wasn't even worried about that. Seokjin was more important to him, what he would think, how he would react, how he would cope?