Chapter 38

They say jealously is the jaundice of the soul. It tears you from the inside, mentally and emotionally and brings out the ugly in you. Seokjin liked to think he was angry instead. Particularly at his alpha. He wasn't sure exactly why, because his reasons sounded petty, things he didn't care about until now.

If it involved Seulgi, he definitely cared now.

It bothered him why, he had seen women and men flirting with his alpha, and usually he would only make faces, mock them and get over it, because it didn't matter, Namjoon was his. Nothing should be different now, not even Seulgi. But it was.

The woman had not done anything of significance to doubt her true intentions, but seokjin could feel it in his skin, how it crawled when she was around, and how her eyes spelled something more than she let on. He was intimidated, that's for sure, how good she looked with Namjoon without even trying. Much like him and alpha.

That was why he had prepared a bath when he came home. At a good temperature, nice smelling oils, candles, and a bottle of wine he had stripped himself, getting into the jacuzzi like tub before relaxing. He let himself go, trying to think happy thoughts, or not think at all. At one point he remembered how he had snapped at Namjoon before he left the office, he felt bad about that, taking off his frustration on him like that.

The said alpha came home later, finding him still in the bathroom, his bottle of wine half way. "Can I join, I left my clothes out." Namjoon had asked in good humour. Seokjin had only smiled, inviting him in.

No words were spoken as Seokjin crawled onto his lap. He had wrapped his hands around the alpha's neck, while Namjoon in turn had wrapped his hands around his body. Bringing him closer.

That was how they found themselves here. Bodies pressed together in water. Namjoon had claimed the bottle of wine, now on his last glass, his other hands running on the Omega's back, exploring the expanse of his curves and the skin he was so familiar with. Seokjin had his hand behind Namjoon's neck, another in his hair, pulling slightly on the uneven strands and massaging the other's scalp softly.
The silence was surprisingly calming between them, it spoke for both of them, the need to be close to each other.

Seokjin nuzzled his face on the alpha's neck, basking in the heat between their bodies. "You need a hair cut." He mumbled sleepily after a while. Feeling the long locks through his fingers. "But I cut it two weeks ago." The alpha said putting the now empty glass by the side.

"Its a little long, maybe you need to dye it too." Seokjin suggested. "What colour?" The omega thought about it a minute "How about pink?"

"Fuck no." Namjoon said immediately, earning a tired laugh from Seokjin. The omega raised his head, holding Namjoon shoulders as he looked at him. "Why not, I think pink would look good on you."

"No fucking way, nobody would take me seriously in the office, pink seems like a more recreational colour, lovely, like you." Namjoon said, smirking when the omega blushed.

Seokjin bit his lip as he looked at him, he couldn't go to bed tonight without addressing what had been on his mind for half the day.

Namjoon gently pulled his lip from his teeth, rubbing the skin with his thumb to sooth it. "What is it love?" He asked, his hands settling on the Omega's waist. Seokjin could have picked a lot of words to tell Namjoon, but he didn't want to beat around the bush.

"I think she likes you...Seulgi. I think she likes you more than just partners." He voiced, his hands playing at the alpha's shoulder blades, and down to his pecs. Namjoon just hummed, listening. He knew the omega had more to say. "Maybe its just me, or my paranoia, but I see how she looks at you Joon-ah, and it bothers-" "Shhhh." Namjoon rubbed his hands up his sides. He could hear the despair in the Omega's voice, and the tears that collected in his eyes with a pout on his lips.