012 - Sports Day Closing

______ 。______

"ONE MORE picture of the relay winner and his girlfriend!" Hoseok requested with his cheery voice. He had you roll your eyes because you thought it was over.

Taehyungʼs hand once again held your shoulder, making you comply to the request as he didnʼt decline it. When Taehyung raise his gold medal, you did the same and it made you smile-feeling good to show off a little.

"Now you look like a matching couple!" Sora chirped while clapping her hands.

"Yeah?" surprisingly, Taehyung responds to the comment. It might sound ordinary to others ears, but to Taehyung its a special remarks. Especially when its your own friend saying it.

"Yeah and... to complete the sports ceremony, all couples will exchange their housing band! Will you.. Will you do it too?" Sora is at it again, batting her eyelashes and blinding the coupleʼs eyes with her halo.

"Ah..." you remembers the tradition. The thought of Taehyung tying your yellow band on his muscled arm somehow made your cheeks felt hot.

It seems Taehyung wasnʼt oblivious to whats happening in school all these years. He was about to untie his blue band before you and the girls stop him in unison.

And of course the look he has was confusion, then he fell sad. Before he gets sadder and misunderstand, you quickly explain, "We have to exchange our band during bon fire."

"Why?"

Taehyung is not wrong for asking that. To be honest, his question raised the curiosity in your head too. Yeah, why? So you turn to your friends and the schoolʼs reporter for an answer.

The reason why has never been so important, just because everyone was enjoying it. The bon fire during sunset, was so beautiful and the heat warmed up the cold night. It was a set up, to a...

"Because its romantic, to exchange love in front of warm fire." Sora said. She made Taehyung narrows his eyes skeptically at her and almost made him continue his wish to untie and exchange the bands now. However, Hoseok managed to change his mind.

"This might sound like a fairtytale myth, but most of the couples in our school that exchanged their bands in front of the bon fire during sun set, their love last long."

You and the girls wowʼd in unison. Hoseokʼs words can be trusted. Heʼs the news carrier, he may know something other students donʼt. Which is why its sometimes scary to think this bright boy who goes around smiling might actually knows every little secrets.

The thought made you shudder. Now if you think again, Hoseok is scarier than Taehyung. You are grateful for not punching him in reality, and for Hoseok to actually feel scared of the grim reaper.

"How long?" Taehyung actually asks with his serious face. He caught all of them off guard for believing it straight away.

You glance to Hoseok, hoping he did not just make up the story now that Taehyung truly trusted him.

Hoseok smiles, suddenly irk your curiosity. Is the tradition actually working? "Most of our senior couples got married. So Iʼd say, long enough till they get married and to grow old together."

"Woah..." now the exclamation was out loud.

"We have a living proof. Newsroom president, is the son of our seniors." Hoseok suddenly brags about his rich of information.

He even brought in evidence! They all knew Min Yoongi and that his father is one of the schoolʼs board directors and that his mother is the president of parents association.