016 - Time Alone

______ 。______

AS SOON AS the bus left their sight, the smiling face of two boys standing side by side faded. They stand there unmoving, neither do they made an effort to talk to each other. They might be classmate and were in the same sporting house, but they were never friends to begin with.

Jimin glance to see poker face Taehyung looking straight as if the neon sign of the arcade across the road was the most interesting thing to see, and that it was as if he was by himself here.

"Youʼre not leaving?" Jimin breaks the ice.

"My bus stops here as well." Taehyung answers in a plain voice.

Ah, that explains why he always sees you and Taehyung coming together from one direction. Jimin thought, recalling not once, but many times he had witnessed that moment. He used to be the first guy in school wishing you good morning, but now Taehyung has taken the role.

"I see, well then." Jimin felt bitter after remembering it so he chose to leave as soon as possible. A bit glad that their home are not in the same direction.

"Congrats," says Taehyung, when Jimin passes behind him.

"For what?" Jimin turned his head to see Taehyung still had his eyes on the neon sign.

"For your happy news. For dating Runa."

Silence came when Jimin was processing what Taehyung said. His thank came a little bit later. Jimin felt awkward to receive congratulatory word from Taehyung because Jimin never congratulate him when he heard his dating news.

"So letʼs take care of our own girl." Taehyung finally look at Jimin in the eye.

Chills ran down Jiminʼs spine when he heard that. "... What do you mean by that?" he asks unsure of why Taehyung sounded like he was threatening him.

"Youʼre one of Yewonʼs close friends. I can tell youʼre worried about her dating me."

A brief silence came again before Jimin quickly prepare his reply, "Ah... yes, youʼre what everyone calls the grim reaper. Though weʼre classmate, I honestly donʼt know much about you. Yewon is... a nice girl."

So you think Iʼm not suit to be with her? Taehyung thought.

"You donʼt have to worry. Iʼll definitely make Yewon happy, so you take care of Runa." Taehyung heated gaze, how Jimin wishes he had his eyes glued on the neon sign instead.

"... Iʼm glad to hear that." hearing that from Jimin made Taehyung smile. And his smile had sent Jimin chills once again.

・⚘・

"Itʼs cold these days, donʼt you think so?" Runa holds her favourite fish-shaped bread with her two hands, so that the hot bread can transfer its heat to her.

"Mm hm," you only hum as she was asking when youʼre eating. Runa giggles. She is originally someone who smiles a lot, however she smiles and laughs a lot more nowadays.

"You look really happy these days." you point out.

Runa smiles shyly. Seeing her like that, you imagine putting yourself in her shoes. For sure, youʼll be in cloud nine if you were Runa. A boy you like, is now your boyfriend. Though, it was a little confusing since Runa is single, as long as you knew her, not a taken girl as Jimin had claimed before.

"I just... I didnʼt expect he will accept my confession." Runa starts to open up her love story. "You gave me courage, Yewon. So I tried my luck and..." Runa couldn't continue while her cheeks starting to hurt from smiling too wide in the cold evening.