027 - Heart to Heart

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

YEWON slowly steps on the leaves, trying to produce the lowest crunch sound ever.

Crack.

Besides dried leaves, there were small branches as well. It sounds more painful than the leaves. Her chest tightens as it reminds her of someone. When she feels the pool of her eyes leaking, Yewon quickly looks up. Her intention was to look at the sky, but she saw him first. Taehyung, who stands across her on the concrete pavement while she still remains on the ground of dead leaves.

Concern eyes met a pair of glassy eyes.

"When you are in love with someone, your eyes eventually follow the person wherever they are."

Has he noticed it too?

"Some truth you learn excites you and some truth... hurts you."

Did he already know yet still pretend he didn't?

The figure she never knew has been hurting is now walking towards her. His stride grew wide as he grew impatient to reach her. Too impatient that his hands too are now reaching out to her. One hand lands on her cheek; wiping the leaked tear, one hand rests on her arm.

"Yewon, what's wrong?" Taehyung's forehead wrinkle even more.

Yewon shook her head before taking a step forward, encircling her arms around his waist and hiding her cries on his chest. Her sudden action indeed puts him in a trance, but he pulls himself together to return her hug.

His hands caressing her back and her hair all while resting his chin on top of her head. When he feels her calming down, Taehyung starts moving gently left and right as if dancing. He earns her small chuckles as she moves along with him.

"The teachers will feel so confused when they see you with swollen eyes later," Taehyung strokes her hair still, "were history objective questions too tough?" he continues with a pondering voice.

Yewon laughs.

She loosens their hug to pull out tissues from her blazer pocket. Then a small heart mirror to check her under eyes then her nose. She tries so hard not to cry but she still ends up crying. Even so, she also tried her best to stop as quickly as she could. Her eyes are now red, her nose is also red and so is her cheeks.

"Do you want to go to the restroom? We have fifteen minutes left." Taehyung asks as he takes off a dry leaf falling onto her head.

She felt what he did so Yewon glanced up and finally saw, how his head had tons of leaves. Yewon cracks up instantly.

"You're busy taking leaves off of my head, but yours are full of them." She giggles. Instead of feeling shy, Taehyung bends his head closer to her saying,

"Then, pluck them out for me, please." His eyes look at her through the bangs of his hair. Yewon was smiling before keeping all her items and began plucking leaves off his head.

The longer she touched his hair, the harder it was for her to resist from stroking them. In the end, Yewon ruffles his hair and runs after the action.

Taehyung sighs in a smile. He runs his fingers through his hair to fix them while tailing her to the restroom.

"Did you... bully her??" was Hoseok's horror response towards Taehyung with a finger pointing at Yewon looking cheeky with red eyes.

Their return to the exam building indeed draws many eyes to look at them.

"There's no way he would." Yoongi deadpans. He glances at Runa walking to the second stairs also with red eyes.

"I am disappointed." Taehyung said in defeat. He pats Hoseok's shoulder and shakes his head, truly in disappointment.