002 - Day One

______ 。______

TAEHYUNG watch you fidgeting under his attack. He felt bad, but at the same time he was curious. Yesterday evening, he saw someone suspicious sneaking around the lockers hallway and slipped in a letter. He soon found out it was a confession letter... to him.

“Uh.. that..” you ran out of relevant excuses. How do I explain this? I should tell him the truth. Will he get mad? No, he will get madder if I didnʼt tell him the truth. You mentally nod in determination, quickly dismissing your distracting thoughts as you breathe in and say,

“Actually the letter-”

“Why? What about me that you like?” Taehyung was fast to speak. You blink up, seeing his serious face yet with curious eyes. Oh my.. what is this new expression from the grim grim reaper?

You frown and hum. What about him that you like? To think again, you didnʼt hate nor dislike him. He never done something that upset you, just, his demeanour that makes you wish to not have close acquaintance with him. So even if its not require feelings.. Things about him that you like..

“You are kind,” you say the first thing that came into your mind.

You have plenty memories of seeing him secretly feeding cats behind the school gym. You only found out about it when leaving the cooking club late in evening. As the vice president of the club, you always leave the latest. Maybe it was luck that you get to see a new side of Taehyung: crouching down in his Taekwondo attire, petting cats while watching it ate and to smile fondly.

“Your smile.. is quite charming.” unconsciously, you said it out loud.

Ever since then, on every curricular day, youʼd see the same cats getting fed by Taehyung. At that time, only at that time, he didnʼt look like a grim reaper but is an angel. You were enthralled with his newfound side that you didnʼt think much of his deadly aura anymore.

Yet, when you passed by the Taekwondo club on one fine day and saw a person flew after being kicked by Taehyung, the chill immediately seeping back in.

“Also, you are really, really good at Taekwondo. I have never seen someone strong like you who can also gives off scary aura.” You have gave out more than necessary information.

“I mean, itʼs not a bad thing. A great fighter who is able to show their aura... Is amazing.” at this point you arenʼt sure where your rambling is going to.

“Last but not least, hmm... Though youʼre quiet, too quiet and grim that people call you grim reaper, I think youʼre a nice guy, just... not friendly.” You end the description before its getting more ridiculous and dangerous.

For now you are the one did the talking while he watched you with his hawk-like eyes. You tried your best to tell all in honesty, of what you like about him.

“In conclusion, your smile is charming, you are kind despite how cold you look and you are very, very good at Taekwondo.” You concluded but somehow, those descriptions sound like a real confession from you to him.

What if he misunderstood? Your heart panicked.

What do you mean Yewon? Heʼs actually misunderstood since the beginning you stupid!! You brain scolded.

Letʼs calm down. Itʼs not like he would accept the confession letter. Your logic interrupted. If Jimin was famous for receiving lots of confession and thanking them for liking him, Taehyung in contrast has been rejecting girls heartlessly.

'Yes, thatʼs it. Do it now. Reject me like you reject the other girls, Kim Taehyung. Come on. Iʼm waiting with an open heart. I wonʼt get mad slightest bit if you reject me.'