009 - Sports Day (1)

______ 。______

SPORTS DAY started with band marching, followed by sporting house marching where students wear their house representative colors and the schoolʼs club marching. The marching usually joined by juniors while the seniors handle the club stalls.

For house marching, Ruby house stood out the most when male students wore red cape and belt similar to Supermanʼs, while females have red cape and headband of Wonder Womanʼs.

“Oh my god they are so cute!” people would compliment.

One of the reason why juniors are mostly encouraged to join sporting march is because theyʼll look super adorable given their young age. Most seniors are reluctant to wear customes anyway 🤣.

While for club marching, cooking club and martial arts club stood out the most. Your club, brought out cooking appliances and when stopped in front of the pavilion to give respect to teachers and schoolʼs principal, they do cooking dance which was so funny and refreshing. As for martial arts marching, their aura attract people.

“Still canʼt believe your boyfriend belongs to martial arts club.” Mia commented when they passed by, and you gave her a look.

“What? Well thatʼs because I thought youʼll end up with him...” she made her point.

“...right.” you sighed in defeat. No one saw it coming, not even yourself.

You glanced around to see where Taehyung was because as soon as you arrived he has to go for club meeting—perhaps about their performance this afternoon. Looking over the blue canopy, you didnʼt see him with the other Sapphire students, but you saw Jimin. Getting used to your habit for staring at your crush, you watch him talking with his friends.

Jimin wore his blue strap on his forehead, the classic way for boys. You were so into it that you flinched when Jimin turned his head and faced your way. Unable to hide, you gave him a sheepish grin while the boy smiled and excused himself from his friends.

You too walked out from your housing tent and waved at him as greetings.

“Will you watch me compete?” Jimin asked with a smile.

“Yeah... I will,” you tilted your head, “but.. Iʼll support my house of course.” then you grinned.

“Of course..” Jimin chuckled. “As long as you watch me.”

“Want to go together?” then he gestured to the way the high jump and long jump events to be held. You nod, turning back to gesture at Mia asking to come along. On the way, Sora joined you guys with schoolʼs reporter Jung Hoseok.

“I have to capture pictures of our potential athlete of the year.” was what Hoseok said when you gave him a pointy look. He knew you were still salty for the article he wrote so he kept a distance with you and walked beside Sora.

The morning events schedule starts with shot put event and jumping events: high jump and long jump. Then teachers running event followed by tug war by teachers vs teachers and students vs students. Only then, the first running event will start which is the game you participate in: the 800m run.

“I think the reason why Jimin was oblivious to your feelings is because he loves sport too much.” Sora whispered to your ear while watching Jimin getting ready to do his long jump. The high jump event has ended, and Jimin was in first place, followed by Lucas from Ruby house and a junior in Citrine.

If earlier you gave a judging look to Mia, now is Soraʼs turn. Yet thereʼs truth in her words. Jimin participates in way too many sport events. He will take part in running event too which are 200m and 100m sprint, then 100m x 4 relay. Jimin loves sport, and unlike last year, this year he challenged himself to join the jump event.