017 - Dodgeball

______ 。______

LAUGHTER surrounding a group of three girls walking under a covered walkway toward a huge building near the field. Today their class is having physical education on third period before lunch break and the location is the school gym.

“Taehyung really is a dependable boyfriend~” Sora teased you and nudged your elbow playfully. She and Mia has been laughing listening to your story of being in Taehyungʼs Taekwondo private class.

“I wonder why he suddenly wanted to teach you~” Mia who rarely spoke in sing song voice is also infected with Soraʼs teasing mode. She secretly glanced to group of boys leaving the field who also stealing glances on the girls. Mia already guessed they were looking at Yewon: the Top 5 beautiful girl in school with and without make-up.

“Stop it... my arm still hurts,” You lightly massage your right arm, the one you mostly used in learning to defense and fight yesterday.

“Can it count as a date? A corricular date? The two of you alone in the training room... I doubt all you did were learning Taekwondo...” Sora narrowed her eyes. Her imagination was running wild that it made you and Mia speechless.

There was rather an embarrassing moment. But.. they donʼt have to know about it. Especially Sora, the big teaser. You thought.

“... I wonder why we are asked to gather at the gym..” Mia changed the topic.

“Right? Usually we used the field when the weather is good.” You looked at the field. The grasses shone under the sunny light, few remaining students from previous period left the field with sweats running down their face. It is a good day to bath in sweat.

Also, both of you just chose to ignore Soraʼs wild thoughts.

Sora huffed her cheeks and said nothing more. She was just joking anyway and maybe... it did going too far.

“Look! Isnʼt that Runa?” Sora caught their other friend in other class, carrying balls with her two classmates and walked inside the gym.

Three of you gasped.

“Donʼt tell me... we are combining class?!” Sora was excited that her eyes sparkle, the brightness mostly directed at you.

... She really is the biggest supporter of you and Taehyung.

・⚘・

“oh no...” you muttered quietly once spotted Taehyung amongst the boys. He was just standing there watching some boys from your class and his playing around while waiting for the teacher. In other words, he was doing nothing. Yet, he was the first person catching your eyes as soon as you entered the hall.

You quickly avert your eyes when he caught you staring.

“Teacherʼs coming!” Jimin, as the class president from Taehyungʼs class announced as he walked in with two balls tucked under his arm. He sees you and automatically smiles like he always does.

When youʼre about to greet him by waving your hand, Jimin suddenly hurries to his group of friends.

Huh?

“Are you still upset about yesterday?” a voice spoke from beside you. Just by his presence and his voice, your cheeks felt warm immediately. Memories of you being swept down by him flashed across your eyes.

You shook your head in attempt to hush the image away, while Taehyung took it as no youʼre no longer upset or more like—sulking.

“I was foolish, to think I could take you down in one try.” you mumbled, lips slightly pouting.