Chapter 5

It's been some time since I started directly working for Mr

It's been some time since I started directly working for Mr. Lee and only a week after Jihyeon burned my hand. My hand has dark marks in the area of the burn now but with my fast intuition and immediate—not really so immediate treatment, it didn't become a second degree burn.

Mr. Lee was the same as always, same routine and same dialogues. To be honest, it was getting kind of boring. Since I became his assistant, we only ever talked about the fashion show once and until this point never again. It was like I was just working as a temporary assistant while Jaseul was having fun on her honeymoon.

I stayed up late last night working on the papers Mr. Lee wanted me to turn in today, and it wore me out. It was paperwork for a venue, which I'm guessing is for the fashion show—maybe he'll talk about it with me later. I really hope we'll start planning soon.

At the moment however, my body was slumped onto the work table and my arms served as a pillow. Eyes more than ready to shut and drift off into a deep sleep. The air conditioning in the room wasn't helping my case either. The coolness of the room was something I could never have at home, so it felt amazing sleeping in a room that was cold.

"Ms. Kim." The icy voice of the boss called.

I yelped and flinched at the same time. I pushed my swivel chair back aggressively, bringing me with it as the chair lost its balance and fell on the floor.

I fell left arm first so my head was safe, but I felt like I broke a bone when I met the cold tiled floor. Hissing in pain, I sat up and held my left arm. I caught a glimpse of Mr. Lee's newly polished black shoes and my eyes slowly trailed up to see his face.

He was looking down at me with a bored expression, like me falling was far from amusing.

"Boss!" The pain subsided when his eyes met mine and I immediately stood from the floor. How embarrassing.

"Why were you sleeping during work hours?" He raised his eyebrow, arms crossed.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I fiddled with my fingers, the floor suddenly looking very pretty.

"Eyes up here." He said, and my eyes snapped to his ever-so-flawless face. "We're going to head downtown to visit the venue." He turned away from me and started walking towards the door.

"When are we going?" I asked.

He looked back at me. "Now."

🪐

The car ride with Mr. Lee was the most suffocating experience I've ever had. Sleep was already trying to overtake me during the car ride, but I didn't want to get caught sleeping during work hours again. It was such a relief to finally breathe fresh air when I stepped out of the car.

The venue was grand, almost like the company paid millions for it. It was an outdoor runway, with lights around the area and a roof that covered the whole runway.