Chapter 1

Here I am, walking in the rain, without anything to cover my head

Why was I walking in the rain?

I got out of bed late, so I rushed to get ready for work. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, dressed up in my work clothes and fixed my hair. Grabbed the half full milk from the fridge and everything drank straight from the carton. Took my bag and just rushed out of the small apartment, going down the elevator and walked to work.

Five minutes into the walking, it started to drizzle. I shrugged it off because I enjoyed walking in the rain, and light drizzles aren't going to do me any harm. But then it started raining harder, to the point where you can see the strikes of lighting in the sky and hear the banging of thunder.

I finally reached my work place, soaking wet. Going inside, the reception worker looked at me in shock and a lace of worry.

"Y/n, you did not have an umbrella?" She asked me and I shook my head as a 'no'.

"Am I late?" I asked her as I fixed my wet ponytail.

"Almost, but you made it a minute before." She told me as she punched me in.

"Oh, lord, thank goodness." I said relieved.

"Remember you have a meeting with the others and boss at 2." She reminded me.

"Yes, thank you for the reminder." I thanked her and she smiled back at me.

I headed in the elevator to head to the twelfth floor, where my station is. When the doors were about to completely close, a hand stopped it from closing. The doors opened again revealing my coworker, Chan, who works in the station behind me, and also the guy I'm kind of interested in.

"Hey, Y/n!" He said enthusiastically and you threw him a warm smile.

"Hey, Chan." I greeted him back and he stood beside me in the elevator.

The doors closed completely this time and slowly started moving up. The thing about this elevator is it goes up quiet slow, and my problem here is that I kind of suffocated in here, me and Chan alone.

"Hey." He called and I looked at him. He took off his outer blazer, leaving him in his white long sleeves. He wrapped the blazer around me and said. "Your shirt is white, and you are soaking. I think you should know anyone can stare at your inner wear at any time."

I blushed as I came in contact with his blazer, and also because of embarrassment. Of course, I totally forgot about the effects of water and white clothes combined.

"Thanks." I said softly, looking away from him.

The elevator hit the third floor, the cafe. Doors opening, the person in front making Chan and I stiffen. We're standing face to face with boss. Chan and I made space for him in the middle as he entered the elevator with a mug of coffee in his hand.