Chapter 8

In a span of three days, Jisung and I were able to sign a contract with thirteen models, seven women who were charmed by my assistant and six men who luckily happened to be Hyunjin's friends

In a span of three days, Jisung and I were able to sign a contract with thirteen models, seven women who were charmed by my assistant and six men who luckily happened to be Hyunjin's friends. We still had twenty-seven more people to find, thirteen more women and fourteen more men. However, there was something else I wanted to talk to Minho about.

Over the days or maybe weeks of working with Minho, he was still the same. He does not spark conversations with me unless it's about work and does not seem to do anything else than work.

Kind of reminds of someone.

I stood up from my seat and quietly paced towards Minho, who was on his laptop for a while now.

"Sir?" I called him.

He looked up at me and stumbled back in his chair a bit before clearing his throat. "Yes, Ms. Kim?"

I glanced down at the flash drive in my right hand and looked back at the man. "As today is the deadline for the designs of the month, I was thinking of submitting some of mine. I mean, I used to work in the designing department."

Minho glanced at the flash drive and back at me. "Sure." He said, opening at hand and I gave the flash drive to him.

As soon as he looked back down at his keyboard, he jumped up from his seat with a small yelp, holding my arm. I flinched at his sudden action and was suddenly carrying one-fourth of his weight.

"Sir? What's wrong?" I asked... confused? Worried?

"T-there is a spider on my table." He whispered behind me.

"Huh?" My eyes scanned the table and saw a common black spider beside the keyboard.

So the tough boss is scared of a harmless spider.

"Do you want me to get rid of it, Sir?" I asked rhetorically.

"Is that even a question?! Get it out of here!" He said, tightening his grip on my shoulders and then pushing me closer to the table, releasing my shoulders.

I mentally rolled my eyes and cupped my hand, placing it on top of the spider and slid it to the edge of the table, then placed my palm at the edge so the creature could crawl on it.

"Can you open the door for me please, Sir?" I asked, and without another word, the superior raced to the door and opened it wide.

I opened the window outside the office with the arachnid in the other hand and let it out of the building and onto the window.

Going back to the office after washing my hands, Minho had his hands clasped behind his back. He looked up at me and cleared his throat, saying, "Forget any of this happened. Now get back to work."

Just as I sat back down on my seat, my phone rang. I picked up without much thought, but my eyes widened at the familiar voice.

"Ms. Kim Y/n." The voice started. "Your rent is still three months due."