Chapter 11

"You want a job here?"

"Yes, and can you hire me as soon as right now?" I asked Jiseon.

"I mean—you have to ask the boss first." She replied. "But Y/n, you already have a good paying job. Why do you need to work here?"

"It's complicated." I answered.

"Is Frosty not paying you properly?" She asked and then proceeded to roll her sleeves up, eyes closed. "Don't worry, sister. I'll beat him up for ya."

"No! No! Everything's fine." I stopped her. "I just could use the extra money."

Her eyes softened and she put her hands down to the counter. "You're very hardworking."

I held the back of my neck and my cheeks flared in embarrassment. "Uhm, thanks." I quietly said.

"I'll tell my boss about you." Jiseon told me.

Thank you!" I said, arms on the counter and head on the table in gratitude.

"Minho doesn't call you guys in on Sundays?" She asked.

"His workers need to rest too." I shrugged my shoulders as I answered.

"Huh?" Jiseon looked puzzled with my answer. "Jisung told me Minho goes to work on Sundays..."

"He goes to work on Sundays?!"

She nodded. "He's very hardworking as well, like you."

I didn't answer her, lost in thought. Why? Why did he go to work on a day where we get to rest? The man who told Jisung to help me out because I was tiring myself out is tiring himself out. Why is he...?

"I'm gonna go now, Seon." I said, grabbing my bag and rushing out the cafe.

"Huh? What about the job here?!" She shouted for her words to reach within my earshot.

"I'll text you!" I answered with a shout.

If Minho was able to help me, by getting me an assistant, then I have to return the favor. So I ran, I ran from the cat cafe, crossed a lot of streets, stepped in dog poop, cleaned dog poop from the shoe, and finally reached the company.

I went into the building to be greeted by nobody. The receptionist to tick me in wasn't in her station and the guard who watches the entrance probably went to the restroom to release his bodily liquids. I ran into the elevator and pressed the button to the fifteen floor, where I guess Minho would be. Once I got to the fifteenth floor, I speeded out of the elevator and raced to his office, opening the door.

Minho flinched in his seat once the door slammed open with a large gesture which made the papers in his hands fly out, causing it to rain paper. Through the falling paper, he was able to catch a glimpse of my tired face.

"Y/n...?" He asked in disbelief, trailing off.

I let go off my knees and looked at him through the still falling papers. It was quite the amount of paper. "Mr. Lee..." I replied, catching my breath.