Chapter 13

"Pfft—so you're friends now?" Hyunjin held in his laughter as he spoke

Hyunjin decided to pay a visit to the company for no apparent reason. Well, he did come for a reason, but I think it was because he was bored. The boy said he missed Minho and I, but to me, it just looked like he wanted to annoy us both. Even if Minho insisted he should leave, I told him he could sit with me as Jisung was busy sorting out some of his own stuff in the sales department for the time being. I had no problem with multitasking anyway since it was something I was kind of used to.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Is he talking to you or anything? Friendly chat?" He asked curiously.

Now that I put more thought into how he and I interact... "I don't think we ever had the opportunity to properly talk after that."

He scoffed while rolling his eyes, and I tilted my head in confusion. Hyunjin caught my expression and sat up properly from his seat as he previously had his elbows propped on the table.

"Minho is pretty complicated with friendship, so don't think he doesn't like you if he doesn't acknowledge you." He briefly explained.

I chuckled half-heartedly and nodded. "It's fine, I won't."

Hyunjin smiled with his teeth flashed, "Thanks for understanding, Y/n."

"Of course." I replied.

Just then, Minho came walking in the room with an annoyed expression across his face. I glanced at him for a second and noticed he was holding a mug of what I assume is coffee. Seconds later, I understood why his face had irritation written all over it. Coming through the door a few seconds after Minho was Jihyeon. After not working in the designing department for some time, I stopped bumping into her, which was quite a delight for me. Seeing her again after a while though, the way she glared at me when she caught sight of me felt like day one again.

"Oh, I forgot she's here." She said, a little loud for it to be a mumble. She wanted me to hear her.

I decided to be the bigger person and ignore her, opening random new tabs on my browser to make it look like I was doing something. Hyunjin noticed what I was doing but did not question me as he seemed to understand why I was doing that.

"Hey!" She called again in my direction. "Aren't you going to greet me?"

The grip on my mouse tightened, trying my best to mask my annoyance. "Good afternoon, Jihyeon." I said with a smile.

"Can't you fix your tone? How could you greet your coworker like that?" She remarked dramatically.

I mentally sighed, suppressing the anger that was about to explode inside me. "Good afternoon, Jihyeon." I greeted with a more upbeat tone of voice and a wider smile.

"Now you sound fake. Can't you be more sincere?" She complained again.

"She already greeted you. I think it's good enough." Hyunjin clapped at her.