Chapter 3: Attack

Valerie’s POV:

            “Well, your plan backfired,” Louis said. We were leaning up against the bathroom door, trying to keep the others from murdering us.

            “Hey, don’t blame this all on me,” I said, “You went along with it.”

            “It was all your idea,” he said, “I’m not taking any credit for this. Oh this is not helping!” He moved himself so that while I had my back to the door, he leaned against the door with his hands, one on either side of me.

            “But Louis, you-” Louis cut me off by kissing me. The kiss started off sweet and slow, like many of our other kisses, but slowly became more passionate. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door and we both jumped.

            “Oi!” Harry yelled, “It’s a little too quiet in there you two!”

            “Shut up Harry!” Valerie yelled. The boys became quiet and Valerie and I looked at each other.

            “Think it’s safe to go out there?” Valerie asked.

            “No,” I said. I grabbed a bottle of conditioner and a bottle of shampoo and handed one to Valerie, “On the count of three. One… Two… THREE!” We opened the door and were instantly sprayed with whipped cream. We squirted the bottles of shampoo and conditioner all over the other four and by the end of our fight, we were all covered in whipped cream, shampoo, and conditioner.

            “Well,” Valerie said, wiping whipped cream out of her eyes, “That went well.”

            “Yeah,” Harry said. He shook out his hair and sent the whipped cream/ conditioner/ shampoo mixture everywhere.

            After we were cleaned up and we cleaned the mess in the bus, we finally stopped to make a pit stop at a gas station.

            “I’ll be right back guys,” I said, walking out of the door.

            “Where are you going?” Louis asked.

            “To get you your carrots,” I said sarcastically.

            “YAY!” he yelled. I chuckled and walked into the gas station. I bought a pack of gum, a chocolate bar, and I even found a mini carrot cake for Louis. I quickly paid for them and started walking to the bus, which was parked around the corner of the building.

            “Hey beautiful,” a guy behind me said. I ignored him and kept walking. That is, until the same guy grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall.

            “I said, ‘hey beautiful’,” he said, his breath smelling of booze, “The polite thing to do would be to say hello back.”

            “Let me go!” I growled. I tried to slap him, but he grabbed both of my wrists and held them to the wall. I struggled to free myself, but it just wasn’t happening.

            “Now that’s not very nice, is it?” he hissed. He held both of my wrists with one hand and used the other to squeeze my bum. I screamed and he put his hand around my throat, cutting off my cries for help. He smiled evilly at me and I knew what he was going to try.

Louis’s POV:

            My leg was bouncing up and down. What was taking Valerie so long?

            “Mate, calm down,” Harry said, putting a hand on my shoulder, “I’m sure she’s fine.”

            “I’m going to go check on her,” I said, standing up. I got to the door and opened it when I heard her scream.

            “Valerie!”

            “Shit!”

            Harry and I ran out of the bus and around the corner, to find some guy with his hand around Valerie’s throat.

            “Hey!” I yelled and he turned around and let her go. She fell to the ground and started coughing as the guy ran in the opposite direction. Harry ran after him and I ran up to Valerie.

            “Are you okay? What’d he do to you?” Valerie nodded, answering the first question, but she was still coughing too much to answer the second one. I scooped her up and carried her to the bus.

            “Whoa, what happened?” Liam asked as soon as we got on the bus.

            “All I know is that Harry and I heard her scream and when we turned the corner some guy was strangling her,” I said. Valerie shook her head, still unable to talk. I set her down on the couch and Liam and I sat next to her as Zayn and Niall came into the room.

            “He… was trying… to…” Valerie said in a hoarse voice before her voice cracked and she couldn’t talk anymore.

            “He was trying to what?” I asked. Liam handed me a pen and pad of paper, which I then handed to Valerie. She wrote one letter before going into a coughing fit again. I looked at what she had written and I knew exactly what she was trying to write. I took the pen and paper from her hands and finished the word. I then showed it to her.

            “Is this what he tried to do?” I asked, praying to God I was wrong, but she nodded. I nodded, “I’ll be right back okay? I’m going to see if Harry found the bastard.” I got up and walked to the door.

            “What’s going on?” Niall asked.

            “Liam, can you explain?” I called over my shoulder as I walked through the doorway, slamming the door. I turned to the side to the bus and punched it, only succeeding in making a miniscule dent and bruising my knuckles.

            “Mate,” Harry said, out of breath, as he walked up the bus, “He got away, but I got- why did you punch the side of the bus?”

            “He tried to rape her Harry,” I muttered through clenched teeth, “The fucking bastard tried to rape her.”