Chapter 23: Just Dance

Valerie’s POV:
            I had gotten sick, on New Year’s Day, just my luck.
            Headache, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, stuffy nose, it was the common cold.
            When I woke up this morning sneezing and coughing, I forbade anyone from coming into my room. I didn’t want them to get sick. Louis, however, refused to stay away and decided that it would be his duty to take care of me until I got better. No matter how much I protested.
            There was a knock at the door and Louis opened it.
            “Hey Val,” he said, walking through the doorway and closing the door, “Feeling any better?”
            “No,” I groaned, my voice cracking, “I feel like crap.” I turned over in my bed and buried my face in my pillow. I heard Louis chuckle and soon I felt the side of my bed sink as Louis sat down.
            “I have some medicine that might make you feel a little better,” he said. I turned over again and he handed me a cup of water and a few pills. I sat up, popped the pills into my mouth, and gulped down the water. I laid back down and Louis brushed some stray hair away from my eyes.
            “So, what are the others planning on doing today?” I asked, my voice a little hoarse.
            “Everyone’s home right now, except for Niall,” Louis said, “I think he said that he was meeting some girl named Candy.” I raised an eyebrow.
            “When did he meet her?”
            “Last night at a club,” he said, “He said he’s going to bring her over later so we can meet her.” He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his pictures, “He sent a picture.” He showed me the screen and I propped myself up with my arm. The screen showed a picture of Niall and a blond girl with flashing lights in the background.
            “Um, she looks kinda…” I trailed off, not knowing how to describe her. She had a tight dress that showed a lot of cleavage and she wore bold colored makeup.
            “Slutty?” Louis suggested. I nodded. I won’t make any permanent conclusions about Candy until I meet her, but this girl, Candy, looked like a slut. Louis chuckled, “Don’t worry, we all think so too. Let’s just see what she’s like in person.”
            I sneezed and Louis handed me a tissue.
            “Bless you,” he said. I sniffled.
            “Thanks,” I said. I blew my nose and groaned, “I’m really bored.”
            “Why don’t you go downstairs?” Louis suggested. I shook my head.
            “I don’t want to get them sick!” I said, my voice cracked and I coughed.
            “Please Val?” Louis begged, “Besides, if one of us gets sick, you’ll have company.” I rolled my eyes and sighed.
            “Fine,” I said, sitting up, “But if any of them get sick, it’s on your conscience.” I sat up and wrapped my blanket around me. Louis helped me stand up and we both walked downstairs.
            “Hey! Look who’s alive!” Liam said when he saw me.
            “Yeah, yeah,” I grumbled. I lay down on the couch opposite the one Liam sat on. Louis lifted my legs, sat down, then rested my legs on his lap.
            “So,” he said, “What do you want to do?”
            “I don’t know,” I said, “What is there to do?” Louis thought for a moment. He must have gotten an idea, because he called Harry and Zayn downstairs.
            The boys ran down the stairs, Perrie and Holly following close behind.
            “Hi Val!” Harry said, “Feeling any better?”
            “No,” I said, then coughed.
            “Sorry to hear that,” he said, “Now, Louis, what was so important that you had to call us all to the living room?”
            “I think it’s time we try out that Just Dance 4 game I gave you for Christmas,” Louis said. Harry smiled and ran over to the tree, grabbed the game, and went to put it into the Wii. Liam and Zayn cleared some space in front of the couch I was laying on.
            Harry had started the game and was scrolling through the songs.
            “Oh, we gotta do this one,” he said. He passed a controller to Liam, Zayn, and Louis and they all stood in front of the TV. I sat up and Holly and Perrie sat on either side of me.
            “Did you see what song they picked?” I asked.
            “No,” Perrie replied, “But we’re about to find out.” That’s when the beginning of What Makes You Beautiful began to play. I rolled my eyes. Of course Harry would pick this song.
            “Nice song choice Harry,” Holly said, giggling. Harry winked.
            “You’re insecure, don’t know what for,
             You’re turning heads when you walk through the door-or-or.” Liam started singing along to his part while they started dancing. As each of the boys’ parts were played, they sung along. They sounded great, like always, their dancing however…
            “Liam!” Holly gasped, while Perrie was laughing and I was cough-laughing, “What would Danielle think if she saw you dancing?” Liam didn’t answer.
            The song ended and Liam, Zayn, and Harry collapsed onto one of the couches, exhausted from the dancing.
            “Oh come on!” Louis said, looking at their scores, “How did we only get two stars each?”
            “You’d think that with you guys being international popstars, you’d be able to dance better,” Holly teased.
            “We can dance!” Louis retorted.
            “The inbetweeners dance and the sprinkler don’t count.” Louis ignored that comment and scrolled through the other songs.
            “Oooh! Harry, let’s dance to this one!” he exclaimed after finding the song “Time of My Life”.
            “Sure,” Harry said. He got up and Louis started the dance. When I saw the silhouette of the two dancers, I knew that this was going to be interesting.
            Basically, the dance was kind of a fast waltz, I don’t know how else to explain it. The rest of us were all cracking up by the time the silhouettes did a lift. Louis held out his arms for Harry and Harry jumped. Louis lifted him up like the silhouettes.

            That’s when the door opened and Niall and a girl, Candy, walked in. Louis was startled when the door slammed shut and both he and Harry fell. Honestly, it was hilarious, all of us were laughing, in my case, coughing, harder than before.
            “You guys okay?” Niall chuckled. Harry stood up and dusted himself off.
            “Yep,” he said. Louis just groaned.
            “Easy for you to say,” he said, “No one landed on top of you.” Harry helped Louis stand up and Louis walked over to the couch us girls were sitting on and he sat on Holly.
            “Louis!” Holly squealed, “Get off!”
            “No!” Louis pouted, “Your boyfriend hurt me!”
            “Louis, get off of my girlfriend,” Harry chuckled. He pushed Louis off of Holly and onto me, just as I sneezed into Louis’s face.
            “Blah!” Louis rolled off the couch and hit the floor, hard.
            “Sorry Louis,” I giggled. The others were laughing again, Liam and Zayn were actually on the ground, clutching their stomachs from laughing so hard. The only person who wasn’t laughing was Candy.
            Once we had all calmed down and Louis sat up, Niall spoke up,
            “Well guys,” he said, “I’d like you to meet Candy.”